• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Super easy. You can get away with just brushing it and wiping off any caked on stain/salt etc. A little bit of reno and it's back to normal. For fun, I did a full on mirror shine on it, looked quite good, but then not as appropriate for a frankenstitch boot.

Are CXL easy to take care of?

edit: yea my shoe care regime is just unbelievable lazy, I will dust it off, and maybe some cream...

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the L&T boot on a frigid, snowy day-trip connection I once made in Stockholm when I had nothing with me but a pair of loafers. (To be fair, half the reason I built that itinerary was to finally visit Skoak.) As I recall, they brushed up nicely at the end of the day and showed no evidence at all of the wintry conditions they'd endured. Believe it or not, I haven't worn them since.
Those look good.

How much would the SoHWay cost?

bsarosi

Reaction score
@Notch - I, too, would be interested in participating in the GMTO. Like others, not sure which model but I like that there are quite a few Utah leather options - thinking of going with something in navy.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are CXL easy to take care of?

edit: yea my shoe care regime is just unbelievable lazy, I will dust it off, and maybe some cream...
Horsehair brush. Brush regularly. Use Saphir Oil cream (I forgot the official name) occasionally. Done.
Easy enough for you?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super easy. You can get away with just brushing it and wiping off any caked on stain/salt etc. A little bit of reno and it's back to normal. For fun, I did a full on mirror shine on it, looked quite good, but then not as appropriate for a frankenstitch boot.
Only issue I have with reno on Chromexcel is the shine. Makes them too shiny for my taste. I guess I just prefer that greasy look to them.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there’s interest in other leathers for the Halway (Zug, country calf, suede etc) I’m of course happy to set up a GMTO as well!
Not sure why I put the SoHWay earlier, but I just saw someone else type it. We may have a new name for it 😂.

Zug, Chromxcel, Black Utah any of those three work for anyone for a GMTO, I'm game. I don't need another bad weather boot, but I'm not opposed to it. Throw in some insulation and that gives me a third boot to put on for colder conditions 😊.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Horsehair brush. Brush regularly. Use Saphir Oil cream (I forgot the official name) occasionally. Done.
Easy enough for you?
sounds good, I'm ashamed to admit I shine shoes maybe once every two years (other than scuff, I get those out right away because it bothers me)..., no mirror shine for me, so I suppose that makes everything easy.

George Mason

Reaction score
The SoHWay/Halway in a combination of suede and Utah would be quite appealing to me. Not sure of color preference; maybe navy suede shaft and burgundy Utah uppers?

winghus

Reaction score
What last on the Halway? I'd be interested in one in burgundy or navy Utah. I'd prefer round but would consider elegant round.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch Hmm is it normal for the off white Vekla to pinch a little around the lower vamp area? I guess this will go away once the leather gets softer?

I'm interested in picking up the brown suede, the suede should not need breaking in and will be soft from the start right?
I overlooked this message! What do you mean with the lower vamp area? Do you mean at the side of your foot, or more towards the front? The Margom cupsole, as well as the last, are quite slim but the sneakers should break in well. Suede will need less breaking in, that's correct.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, while the Ambly chukka's are just about finished, they won't be going out today :cry:. The people inside the factory warehouse have too many shoes to send out, and only part of my shoes can be sent. This shipment is delayed until next week.

Cruel for them (and me) to send this teaser pic then, but it's kind of insane to think that they don't have enough time nor people to send out all of the shoes that need to be sent. But so next week, for sure, they'll be on the truck.

Attachments

Proleet

Reaction score
So, while the Ambly chukka's are just about finished, they won't be going out today :cry:. The people inside the factory warehouse have too many shoes to send out, and only part of my shoes can be sent. This shipment is delayed until next week.

Cruel for them (and me) to send this teaser pic then, but it's kind of insane to think that they don't have enough time nor people to send out all of the shoes that need to be sent. But so next week, for sure, they'll be on the truck.
Any pictures from the sienna Cortes yet? That one still on its way?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any pictures from the sienna Cortes yet? That one still on its way?
No pictures I'm afraid. They're either included today, or next week (I didn't receive the packing list yet). I will confirm asap.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's