• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great sneakers Tom!!. You should develope more colours/leathers & models (hi top sneaker?). I am really pleased with them, their presentation and the sneaker care kit. View attachment 1465213View attachment 1465214View attachment 1465215
Je te donne 10 points. Félicitations!
Thank you R.! Wear them in good health. I am sampling more colours, and a new material (organic cotton canvas). A running sneaker is also being developed, but no high-tops for now.

This thread needs more pics of the new F/W collection!
I agree!

Tom, may I know about the other Christofer blucher??
The other Christopher Blucher is made in Badalassi Carlo Minerva Box, which is a vegetable tanned leather for a more casual look:

Wingtip-Derby-Badalassi.jpg

Just received my pair of George STD in Ebony Utah. The hype is real, the look, fit and construction is all great. I am a brannock 7D and went with a size 6UK and they fit great with dress socks. Definitely recommend if anybody is on the fence.

I really like the shine on the toe, does anybody recommend any product to maintain it?
Hi E.! Happy to know that you like the George, it's our most popular model for a reason. I recommend Saphir products (high shine wax, and dark brown wax). Applying consecutive coats of water and wax will lead to a nice shine quite easy.

Really impressed with my offwhite Vekla. Was a bit hard around vamp but only took few walks to break in nicely. I do think the shoe tongue can be bit thinner. What do you all think?

View attachment 1466090

Also, just noticed the Vekla uses the exact same sole as my Buterro, really an high indicator of how far Tom went to ensure the quality while keeping it reasonably priced.
Yep, Margom soles, benchmark in the industry and literally 10km away from our factory.

The first version had almost no padding in the tongue, the second too much and this third iteration was just right in my opinion. But I'll look into that again, perhaps you're right! I don't have a high instep myself so the tongue was never an issue for me, only with some people that test drove the samples.

Those Vekla sneakers look positively smashing @Notch. Are they still available?
They sure are! Some sizes are running low (White and Off White in 42/43), but there are still plenty left:

Link: https://vekla.store/collections/sneakers

Spencerism

Reaction score
Finally made it to the museum to pickup my Vekla Off Whites and grab a couple of quick shots. These are quite a looker as I've gotten two compliments from coworkers in 15 minutes :D The fit and form are top Notch (!)-- most excellent sneakers, Tom!

Attachments

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Finally made it to the museum to pickup my Vekla Off Whites and grab a couple of quick shots. These are quite a looker as I've gotten two compliments from coworkers in 15 minutes :D The fit and form are top Notch (!)-- most excellent sneakers, Tom!
Great to know that you like them M., and for supporting us during the pre-order! They seem to fit very well too.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you mean I have to made up my mind if I want to get a split toe in grain soon! I might as well...
Great price. The best construction. Superior leather. Would make an excellent first SpTD 👍🏻. The only other option, IMO, would be to pick up the George at the lower price point. Although, I'm not certain how the inventory on those is looking like these days.

The beauty of the SpTD is that it is satisfactory looking in the showroom. On the road, it looks fantastic with everything from denim to flannel. I've seen some guys use it with dress trousers, but at that point it starts to look muddled.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With the addition of Dark Brown Utah to the Oct. Tenth line-up, you can basically get the George, with a hand-welted construction and hand-sewn piecrust stitching, for only a slightly higher price. There is a 6-8 week waiting time, but that's actually less than there is for the George :rolleyes:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Growing pains / small business problems / just need to vent :mad:

The day before the Vekla fulfilment marathon, my 1.5 year old Apple laptop died on me. I opened the screen, nothing but purple and green stripes:

1604c885-bc77-4d05-9ad2-e661a3e6f7b4.jpeg

Overnight, I had to switch to an old iMac I had (10 years old), and install every program I needed. Luckily, I store most of my documents in iCloud, so I had all the order files there. But now I've been using this old iMac for 2 weeks already, and it's driving me nuts. It's super slow, and is one of the reasons why I've been so slow to respond lately.

What to do... Buy a new macbook while the other one is in repair (the part just arrived at the repair center), seems a bit overkill... These laptops sell for well over 2000€. I though of getting a new iMac, but then I read about Apple releasing an all new iMac by the end of 2020, early 2021, with Apple Chips and a whole new redesign!!

Oh well, I'll just need to work longer days to make up for the lack of efficiency :dozingoff:.

I've read about Apple lease, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with that? Basically, you lease an iMac, iPhone and Macbook, so you never own the device and pay monthly, but that also means that you receive better service when things like this happen.

Jmr928

Reaction score

The day before the Vekla fulfilment marathon, my 1.5 year old Apple laptop died on me. I opened the screen, nothing but purple and green stripes:

View attachment 1467062

Overnight, I had to switch to an old iMac I had (10 years old), and install every program I needed. Luckily, I store most of my documents in iCloud, so I had all the order files there. But now I've been using this old iMac for 2 weeks already, and it's driving me nuts. It's super slow, and is one of the reasons why I've been so slow to respond lately.

What to do... Buy a new macbook while the other one is in repair (the part just arrived at the repair center), seems a bit overkill... These laptops sell for well over 2000€. I though of getting a new iMac, but then I read about Apple releasing an all new iMac by the end of 2020, early 2021, with Apple Chips and a whole new redesign!!

Oh well, I'll just need to work longer days to make up for the lack of efficiency :dozingoff:.

I've read about Apple lease, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with that? Basically, you lease an iMac, iPhone and Macbook, so you never own the device and pay monthly, but that also means that you receive better service when things like this happen.
Haven't tried lease but as a stopgap If you haven't fully upgraded the RAM already that's not a particularly difficult task to accomplish on your own without a ton of new tools on an older iMac and should give you a bit more power in the interim (if you haven't already done it)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great price. The best construction. Superior leather. Would make an excellent first SpTD 👍🏻. The only other option, IMO, would be to pick up the George at the lower price point. Although, I'm not certain how the inventory on those is looking like these days.

The beauty of the SpTD is that it is satisfactory looking in the showroom. On the road, it looks fantastic with everything from denim to flannel. I've seen some guys use it with dress trousers, but at that point it starts to look muddled.
I think my likely process is dark brown grain with OT, then maybe Centurion with AM in that dark wine/burgundy color as the "dressier" option, quite an costly journey though...

Marshak

Reaction score

View attachment 1467062

Upgrade your RAM and buy a SSD. Should cost you 300 euros and your old Apple will perform much better. My two cents cause I'm waiting for a pair of OT and I have a direct interest into your work resilience :).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SSD is probably the best bang for the buck upgrade for any "older" computer

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments