• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those interested how the Vekla and L&T Sneakers are different looks wise please see below.

The L&T look aesthetically fat and not as slim and sleek as the Vekla and that's my issue with other minimalist sneaker brands as well. The ones from Skolyx and Archibald have the same problem with look.

Not gonna lie that Common Project makes the best looking sneakers and Vekla is the only brand so far I've know that nails the CP's silhouette for a fraction of the cost. If my off-white Vekla works out in sizing I'll definitely jump on a suede pair.

op131

Reaction score
Personally, I find this the best collection Tom has put out. Every one of these is a winner. To me though, the cake topper is the Craig in the Pin Grain. View attachment 1464298

Definitely biased though, especially considering I commissioned a pair with that very same D'annonay Pin grain leather (different color though).
The Craig is my favorite as well, and really looking forward to receiving my pair!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The L&T look aesthetically fat and not as slim and sleek as the Vekla and that's my issue with other minimalist sneaker brands as well. The ones from Skolyx and Archibald have the same problem with look.
+1

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Craig in the Pin Grain is beautiful. @Notch any chance of restocking this model ?
Beautiful pair, very a la Vass with its London model. That leather is top notch. However I just placed and order with a Chukka (suede) and a Chealsea bootie. I hope to nail down my size, so fingers crossed!!.

theh00d

Reaction score

Not gonna lie that Common Project makes the best looking sneakers and Vekla is the only brand so far I've know that nails the CP's silhouette for a fraction of the cost. If my off-white Vekla works out in sizing I'll definitely jump on a suede pair.
This is why I hesitate to try any CP alternates. The silhouette just can't be compared, but now that we have Vekla!

Btw wearing the calf penny loafers again today cause microclimate SF weather (late summers)
and got shipping notification on my espresso George. Aww yeah today is a good day!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
feels like missing a style? I thought there were 2 Christopher now there is only one?
Couple of styles were delayed, but they're being sent on Oct. 2nd.

Hi @Notch- I wear a size 12.5/13.You don’t tend to regularly stock such sizes in your collections. Is there a process/possibility to order larger sizes outside a GMTO?
I'll PM you!

Craig in the Pin Grain is beautiful. @Notch any chance of restocking this model ?
This was a bit of a one-off as I've had this leather for some time. We could do a GMTO if there are 6 people interested.

Beautiful pair, very a la Vass with its London model. That leather is top notch. However I just placed and order with a Chukka (suede) and a Chealsea bootie. I hope to nail down my size, so fingers crossed!!.
Thank you for your order :thumbs-up: !

Very true, not the only pair that reminds us of Tom's former life as a Vass retailer.
Haha yes, I fell in love with early Vass shoes (Old English II on F last, SpTD on Peter last, Full Brogues on 3636 last, true Budapesters... those were truly terrific shoes. It feels like yesterday when I walked into the Vass attic storage room, must be about 8 years ago now).

For me, a shoe has 2 main aspects: form, and leather. I'm happy with the last shapes that I have developed for SOH, and I feel that the leather is ever improving. Some of these shoes are just insanely good value. I know that I am biased, but the Oak calf is exactly the same calf as some of the biggest players in the industry are using, and they sell their shoes at 3 or 4 times the price. Same goes for the Zonta suede for example, and Utah calf.

I'll go over every model when the entire collection is in, perhaps doing a small video review on all of them.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great sneakers Tom!!. You should develope more colours/leathers & models (hi top sneaker?). I am really pleased with them, their presentation and the sneaker care kit. IMG-20200925-WA0011.jpegIMG-20200925-WA0017.jpegIMG-20200925-WA0022.jpg
Je te donne 10 points. Félicitations!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feels like missing a style? I thought there were 2 Christopher now there is only one?
Tom, may I know about the other Christofer blucher??

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Just received my pair of George STD in Ebony Utah. The hype is real, the look, fit and construction is all great. I am a brannock 7D and went with a size 6UK and they fit great with dress socks. Definitely recommend if anybody is on the fence.

I really like the shine on the toe, does anybody recommend any product to maintain it?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really impressed with my offwhite Vekla. Was a bit hard around vamp but only took few walks to break in nicely. I do think the shoe tongue can be bit thinner. What do you all think?

120197235_1778732298961277_5615296617036535056_n.jpg

Also, just noticed the Vekla uses the exact same sole as my Buterro, really an high indicator of how far Tom went to ensure the quality while keeping it reasonably priced.

Last edited:

bsarosi

Reaction score
For those that are in on the Ambly GMTO in Russian Reindeer and/or Cortès GMTO in Sienna hatchgrain, they're being sent on Oct. 2nd to Belgium. I think* I promised end of September delivery so we won't be that far off :blush:

The Chelsea GMTO in Black Utah should be finished by mid-October, same for the penny loafer GMTO in Ebony Utah.

The majority of the Fall/Winter styles have arrived, and I will be sending out the pre-orders as soon as possible. Also the George GMTO in Burgundy Inca Grain, that was later changed to a RTW style, will be sent out imminently.
What about the Burgundy Utah Chelsea?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami