• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to make a more casual Sons of Henrey Fall/Winter 2020 collection early on, which seems to make even more sense now with fewer people going to the office every day. No plain black shoes, no plain brown shoes. Only 'special' ones :D that really sing to me, and that I hope you will all like as well.

Just a little sneak peek to the Christopher in walnut country calf that arrived today:

View attachment 1462368
Oh very nice looking pair!

monkey66

Reaction score
you sure that wasn't a size problem? I love lasted trees for the look, but i never had generic tree bend things in the shape i don't want across multiple brands (GG, EG/Carmina before i sold them, CJ, AM, etc.)
Don't think so. I have seen strech marks in the leather that correspond to the gapped areas in the trees for instance. Not quickly bot over a couple of years.

Perhaps I should look at better generic trees that aren't trying to cover 3 sizes. I am tts a UK10 and often the tree will be 10-12 so a snug fit. I am leaning more towards the basic long-spring type as these seem to hold the shoe nicely stretched but without any imprint.

...perhaps it is a size thing?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea not sure then, I mean all my generic tree are pretty "standard" $20~$25 USD thing, never really paid much attention to what they actually are from...

op131

Reaction score
Got my Veklas today, and been wearing (and admiring) them for the past few hours. Already almost as comfortable as an old pair of slippers. Very nice clean design, good quality materials, and the brown suede is simply gorgeous! I went with Tom's sizing recommendation and the fit is spot on for me.

Tom, I think you've got a winner here, and I will most likely go for more pairs if/when you release new makeups in calf and non-white soles.

George Mason

Reaction score
I decided to make a more casual Sons of Henrey Fall/Winter 2020 collection early on, which seems to make even more sense now with fewer people going to the office every day. No plain black shoes, no plain brown shoes. Only 'special' ones :D that really sing to me, and that I hope you will all like as well.

Just a little sneak peek to the Christopher in walnut country calf that arrived today:

View attachment 1462368
What a beautiful "business casual" shoe!

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the Vekla off white sneakers and these are just ridiculously gorgeous. Very comfortable, sleek design, soft leather and the sizing is spot on for me (TTS). I am 8Uk mostly in most shoes and took size 42 in these. Clearly a Winner at less than half the price from Common Projects. I did try CP once but sizing was not good and they felt too long TTS and didn’t find them worthy enough to keep for the price.
I do find these even better than the L&F Utah Sneakers comfort wise but only thing going for those is the Utah brown leather. I will definitely be adding more of the Vekla sneakers in future.
If there was an all black Vekla Sneakers (with black sole) I will kop now.

633A281F-AC50-438D-915B-80EA8CEB70FC.jpeg
6816101E-CF4D-4262-8F51-4A7026257A79.jpeg
20509A84-F8A6-4392-A29F-7A7D8798DA4F.jpeg
FD448E78-C074-48F0-9F46-0CDFB0F62C7B.jpeg

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so kind a ridiculous question, I already got the off white, plan to "beat" that one a bit more, should I just get the white to keep as a "dress" sneaker (whatever that means...). It's just so cheap and well made, so super tempted.

Agree on waiting for more colors, right now this is without a doubt my #1 recommendation to other people who wants CP like sneaker (or any leather sneaker for that matter, I like this better than Buttero/CP/many variants of GATs)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so kind a ridiculous question, I already got the off white, plan to "beat" that one a bit more, should I just get the white to keep as a "dress" sneaker (whatever that means...). It's just so cheap and well made, so super tempted.

Agree on waiting for more colors, right now this is without a doubt my #1 recommendation to other people who wants CP like sneaker (or any leather sneaker for that matter, I like this better than Buttero/CP/many variants of GATs)
To me off white looks like white in person and not sure if there is a huge difference. I agree for low top sneakers that Vekla would be my go to choice as well than CP/Buttero etc whereas Buttero makes other nice sneakers like Carrera which are fantastic! I would like other colors too like black calf with black sole, burgundy calf, chestnut/burgundy Utah etc but not sure how much is that feasible!! The Vekla brown/blue suede is tempting as well.

evangel21

Reaction score
@Notch, any pics of the Vekla navy suede in the wild?
All these Vekla pics made me regret sitting out the pre-order and now tempted by the brown and navy suede.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so I spoke to Tom about this (white vs. off-white)

"Straight out of the box, the two shoes are fairly similar. However, due to the nature of the leather, the off-white calf will age and patina quicker due to the sun. It will darken over time, and become a bit more cream-like in colour. So yes, at first they’ll look like a duplicate shoe, but a few months in they’ll look very different in my opinion."

maybe I might as well...

wdrenth

Reaction score

Hi @Notch , very nice collection again! Maybe this has been asked already: what is the general size advice for this new round(er) last, compared to the elegant round last given it is a bit shorter?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's