• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So to summarize, as of next Monday I'll have these for F/W 2020:

Espresso Pin Grain Derby
Mink Suede Captoe Oxford
New Oak Burnish Captoe Oxford
Walnut Museum Calf George
Suede Ambly Chukka boots
Alpine Grain Charles
Espresso Suede George
6120 Inca Grain Frank
Walnut Country Calf George
Walnut Country Calf Christopher
Burgundy Inca Grain George

Waiting on a couple more:

Christopher Badalassi Carlo Tobacco
Blaine Chelsea DB Utah
Ambly Chukka's DB Utah
Any update on the Russian Reindeer Ambley?

Jmr928

Reaction score
There was a comment with regards to the length of the counter for Vekla vs CP. @Thomas_M , could you share your opinion on this?

I think that the counter might look longer, because of the fact that the foot opening is shorter than on CP. But other than this I think it's the same length.
I was going by feel rather than look. Just did a rough measurement wrapping a soft tape around the heel. CP 43 I got about 18CM. Vekla about 24.5CM.

Jmr928

Reaction score
2nd full day of wear on the Veklas. Not tons to add from my initial impression other than that they continue to be very comfortable. No red flags like crazy creasing or any weirdness jumping out at me. Looking forward to getting them fully broken in.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Adding to the CP vs Vekla info.
I have size 41 in both in new condition.

CP sole length is 29.1cm and width is 10.3cm

Vekla sole length is 29cm and width is 10.4cm

Sole height was identical 2.8cm

I have normal to high arches and instep, and slightly wide feet.

The left foot is wider and harder to accommodate in the toe box for all rtw shoes.

The CP definitely feel cramped in that area and in the ball area as well. It may be better once they are stretched out and broken in. The opening games wider than the Vekla I strike the heel during my strides. Bigger heel slip too. When standing stationary, the heel cushion of the insole is more comfortable and softer than the Vekla.

The Veklas are perfect in the toe box and ball area for me. No discomfort whatsoever. Less gaping in the opening and less heel slip during my strides. The heel cups feel more snug on my feet. Standing still, the heel cushioning isn’t as cushy/soft as the CPs.

With all that said, I’m tempted to sell the CPs and fund 2 more Veklas in the future.

Tom, any plans to add a grey suede model? :)

Here are some photos.

A517D250-2CD6-4D2B-9EEF-9CA135E262F0.jpeg430EF5BE-9614-4EE1-ABD0-6AF151F7C65F.jpeg8D72D9C6-E920-476A-B279-AA2433248620.jpeg15D401AB-2CB1-47EE-831D-8AD440163828.jpeg

Last edited:

Thomas_M

Reaction score
There was a comment with regards to the length of the counter for Vekla vs CP. @Thomas_M , could you share your opinion on this?

I think that the counter might look longer, because of the fact that the foot opening is shorter than on CP. But other than this I think it's the same length.
Counter length is roughly the same but it looks longer indeed.
Also it stays higher when it moves toward the side of the feet if that makes sense.

LThomsen

Reaction score
New to this thread. Interested in learning more about the Oct tenth hand welted shoes. Can any share their experiences with this shoe? I wasnt able to find any online reviews.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to this thread. Interested in learning more about the Oct tenth hand welted shoes. Can any share their experiences with this shoe? I wasnt able to find any online reviews.
Quite a few in the recent 30-40 pages.

Use keyword of "oct tenth" or "OT" to search.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ok so just pulled the trigger on the utah Chelsea’s and the SPDs. What should one do for shoe trees?
@Notch
Thank you for your order, I saw it coming in this morning. There are a few good quality options in terms of shoe trees, such as Woodlore and Saphir products, even Bexley has some cedar wood shoe trees in their range. Also, @Skolyx sell high quality trees and are an affiliate vendor. I stopped selling trees a long time ago as it wasn't viable in smaller quantities.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I decided to make a more casual Sons of Henrey Fall/Winter 2020 collection early on, which seems to make even more sense now with fewer people going to the office every day. No plain black shoes, no plain brown shoes. Only 'special' ones :D that really sing to me, and that I hope you will all like as well.

Just a little sneak peek to the Christopher in walnut country calf that arrived today:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.34.06.png

monkey66

Reaction score
Thank you for your order, I saw it coming in this morning. There are a few good quality options in terms of shoe trees, such as Woodlore and Saphir products, even Bexley has some cedar wood shoe trees in their range. Also, @Skolyx sell high quality trees and are an affiliate vendor. I stopped selling trees a long time ago as it wasn't viable in smaller quantities.
Thanks, I have plenty of generic trees but am trying to move towards lasted trees as I have started to see undesirable stretching/creasing over a few years with non-lasted trees on some shoes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you sure that wasn't a size problem? I love lasted trees for the look, but i never had generic tree bend things in the shape i don't want across multiple brands (GG, EG/Carmina before i sold them, CJ, AM, etc.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's