• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Veklas today! Unboxing photos for now.

Will compare to my CPs soon after I have some more time with them.

ThView attachment 1458439View attachment 1458440View attachment 1458441View attachment 1458442View attachment 1458443View attachment 1458444 The brown grain is beautiful and they feel supple yet sturdy. Looking forward to wearing them around the house tomorrow to get a full impression.
Any idea how these compare to the Löf & Tung Danny Sportif Dark Brown Utah Calf? They look similar but I assume there are differences.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea how these compare to the Löf & Tung Danny Sportif Dark Brown Utah Calf? They look similar but I assume there are differences.
I am looking to order the Vekla sneakers and have some question with Tom for shipping fee as it not showing up as free on the website.
I already have Löf & Tung Danny Sportif Dark Brown Utah Calf and they are very nice.
I can confirm the difference as soon as I receive the Vekla sneakers.

But few differences I could think:
1. Vekla has Margom sole whereas L&T don’t have that sole and I don’t see the Margom logo.
2. From pictures Vekla looks sleeker.
3. Vekla has Leatherboard heel counter and also has Steel shank for support. I don’t know if L&T has that and Patrick (from Skoak) can confirm on that.
4. L&T sneaker has the Dark Brown Utah leather and the Vekla is chrome free leather.

Last edited:

Pb924

Reaction score
Also received my off white Vekla’s today. Typically a 8.5UK in SOH models and took a 42 in the sneakers. Perfect fit for me and very pleased with these.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also received my off white Vekla’s today. Typically a 8.5UK in SOH models and took a 42 in the sneakers. Perfect fit for me and very pleased with these.
wow, yeah, I’m a UK7 in Sons and went for a 41. They fit a little big and now your comment really has me feeling like I should try a 40.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great comparison, how would you describe the differences in fit between the two lasts?
They fit pretty similar in my case but overall, I’d say the CA is more voluminous. The Pu feels much firmer everywhere but that may also have something to do with the fact that they’re brand new. I can’t really see how someone could fit one and not the other, the insteps seem to be the same to me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea I see their sizing note says they fit big, though I'm 8.5 uk in OT Huang, 42 was a bit tight in instep, though much better once I change the way i lace (without crossing it under basically)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A first Fall/Winter delivery for Sons of Henrey is expected tomorrow. Included:

Espresso Pin Grain Derby
Mink Suede Captoe Oxford
New Oak Burnish Captoe Oxford
Walnut Museum calf George SpTD
Suede Ambly Chukka boots
Alpine Grain Charles (!!)

And a re-stock for the George in Ebony Utah. I don't know what to do with this model as almost every size is just about sold out, and the shoes aren't even here yet :blush:

More shoes were sent today (no packing list yet), and hopefully a third and final shipment on Friday.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A first Fall/Winter delivery for Sons of Henrey is expected tomorrow. Included:

Espresso Pin Grain Derby
Mink Suede Captoe Oxford
New Oak Burnish Captoe Oxford
Walnut Museum calf George SpTD
Suede Ambly Chukka boots
Alpine Grain Charles (!!)

And a re-stock for the George in Ebony Utah. I don't know what to do with this model as almost every size is just about sold out, and the shoes aren't even here yet :blush:

More shoes were sent today (no packing list yet), and hopefully a third and final shipment on Friday.
Excited to see photos. Intrigued by the oak calf and pin grain derby.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.