• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

wdrenth

Reaction score
Yesterday also received what me allows to share in the Vekla joy :cool:
Packaging and presentation are top -- information booklet and cleaning kit are very nice touches. The shoes, I have the off-white rendering, are very nice; they are actually my first pair of sneakers since 3 years. So far only test-fitted them: they kind-off feel a tad roomy but I may confuse this with the leather simply being very soft and different feel of sneaker. I took size 42 and have a bit (~1cm) of room in front of my toes; to compare to other SoH models: I take size 8 for the soft square last, and size 7.5 for the elegant round last. I am looking forward wearing these, and add another pair in suede or brown in the future.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
I'll add to the Vekla hype!
Received my brown suede low top's yesterday, I already own a pair of white sneakers from J Fitzpatrick but after seeing the versatility of suede sneakers from popular Instagram accounts and some of my favourite brands like Saman Amel/ Stoffa I decided these would be my next purchase.

The sneakers are much 'sleeker' than others on the market, I would say more dressy, dare I say they can be worn with casual tailored trousers such as flannels/ cotton chinos.

The suede is top tier, probably the nicest suede I have handled. Very tight nap and colour saturation. Super soft and easy to brush.

The foot opening is quite narrow, so I setting the foot was a little difficult, but the fit is spot on. I went with my regular UK shoe size after consulting Tom.

I will see how they wear, but from initial impressions I couldn't be happier, and will report back after a few wears.

Tom, I also appreciate the effort in packaging and additional goodies in the box. Really went the extra mile!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200915112805946_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200915_112708.jpg

IMG_20200915_112643.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200915112839834_COVER.jpg

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to see that some of you have already received the sneakers :D ! I'm trying to follow up on tracking as much as I can from my side as well. I look forward to more fit pics and feedback!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, quite important. I have read a couple of questions with regards to availability. This is how it went:

The factory in Italy asked for a 300 pair minimum order, earlier this year. 300 pair, while not a lot for a sneaker factory, still meant quite a sizeable investment for a small brand like mine. So I decided to do a 'pre-order' to help fund the investment. More than 100 people placed an order, which helped me in placing the order for 300 pairs (before someone starts doing the math and calculating my margin on these, no, I don't have a 200% margin). But the money from the pre-order was a huge help, especially as the pre-order ran in April, at the start of the COVID pandemic... As a thank you, those who placed a pre-order received a small gift, and a more personal thank you note.

So as of today, the sneakers are available as RTW online: https://vekla.store/collections/sneakers

acapaca

Reaction score
Is the brown suede on the site the same as the ones pictured above? The ones here look lighter, and I think look incredible!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, they are the same. The colour looks different depending on how the suede is brushed, but the studio pictures on the website are darker than IRL, that's true. I should take new pictures one of these days.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Veklas today! Unboxing photos for now.

Will compare to my CPs soon after I have some more time with them.

ThView attachment 1458439View attachment 1458440View attachment 1458441View attachment 1458442View attachment 1458443View attachment 1458444 The brown grain is beautiful and they feel supple yet sturdy. Looking forward to wearing them around the house tomorrow to get a full impression.
I think these are my favs although the brown suede look great too. No snuff suede?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll add to the Vekla hype!
Received my brown suede low top's yesterday, I already own a pair of white sneakers from J Fitzpatrick but after seeing the versatility of suede sneakers from popular Instagram accounts and some of my favourite brands like Saman Amel/ Stoffa I decided these would be my next purchase.

The sneakers are much 'sleeker' than others on the market, I would say more dressy, dare I say they can be worn with casual tailored trousers such as flannels/ cotton chinos.

The suede is top tier, probably the nicest suede I have handled. Very tight nap and colour saturation. Super soft and easy to brush.

The foot opening is quite narrow, so I setting the foot was a little difficult, but the fit is spot on. I went with my regular UK shoe size after consulting Tom.

I will see how they wear, but from initial impressions I couldn't be happier, and will report back after a few wears.

Tom, I also appreciate the effort in packaging and additional goodies in the box. Really went the extra mile!

View attachment 1458633
View attachment 1458630
View attachment 1458629

View attachment 1458635
Same inspirations! I think I'm going to love these

70C7F9CF-36E7-470F-8BCD-1E54A36A14A7.jpeg
ECFC1E69-2741-4B63-BA15-B3D280007D64.jpeg
EFFB40BF-FEE1-4010-94B0-B763549B8240.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.