• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

quinze

Reaction score
I did! They’re holding up great as they’re very comfortable. Probably my most worn shoes since I got them. With that said, I do think the Utah looks slightly better, there’s just something about it.
Good to hear they're getting a lot of use. Indeed, Utah is something else!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on the George SpTD in Walnut Brown Country Calf vs Ebony Dark Brown Utah? I've been looking at the photos and can't decide! Walnut CC is more casual. I've only tried Utah boots in store (different brand) but have not owned any. They're so soft even new.

View attachment 1438325
View attachment 1438326

@vriche I think you reviewed the George Walnut CC, how are they holding up?
It depends on what you require from the shoes. Both lean towards the casual side of things.

I have country calf in medium brown (another maker) and they definitely lean towards the casual side. Chinos and jeans work well with these CC. If you need to look a little smarter, the Utah would be the better option. Mind you the Utah can also be worn with chinos and jeans.

I would also concur with @vriche comments. The Utah leather just looks more luxurious and feels more supple.

quinze

Reaction score
It depends on what you require from the shoes. Both lean towards the casual side of things.

I have country calf in medium brown (another maker) and they definitely lean towards the casual side. Chinos and jeans work well with these CC. If you need to look a little smarter, the Utah would be the better option. Mind you the Utah can also be worn with chinos and jeans.

I would also concur with @vriche comments. The Utah leather just looks more luxurious and feels more supple.
Very helpful! Sounds like I won't go wrong with choosing the Utah. How many Utah shoes can a man have? The Chelsea Utah seems like a winner as well!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very helpful! Sounds like I won't go wrong with choosing the Utah. How many Utah shoes can a man have? The Chelsea Utah seems like a winner as well!
That is definitely a question only you can answer haha.

I'd love a loafer, well a full strap loafer, in a Utah leather. I have two SpTDs in Utah as well.
I guess I wouldnt mind a pair of boots in it.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I’m a true 11.5 E US due to toe width would the 11 UK SpTD likely be a good fit?

op131

Reaction score
As many as your finances and storage space allow!;)
And remember, in addition to the ebony regularly offered by Tom, there's also chestnut, burgundy, black (if that's your thing), navy, green, and a couple more exotic colors...

op131

Reaction score
Alright good news and bad news. The coast was clear to try out my shoes. 😁Unfortunately, no Rain lasts found to directly compare to, so I would be going off of memory.

Some measurements for those curious about it..
Size 8.5UK
Length 11 3/4"
Width 4.4" (widest point)
Interior length 30cm

So, I was expecting a nice instep feel based on what has already been mentioned. To my surprise, these fit a little tight across the instep. Here you can see about a 1.5cm gap
View attachment 1437939View attachment 1437940

The laces have been pulled as tightly as I can pull them. So much so, they are uncomfortable. Saying that, with them pulled to this uncomfortable level, they have the perfect spacing. We are talking 1/2 inch of space in that area. They will probably never completely close, but I'm sure I can get them closer, while making them more comfortable. For reference, the EB 804 last fits a little better across the instep, although I have a similar gap.

The heel, I guess I have thicker heels than most, was a snug feel. Definitely can envision blisters forth coming, but I'm used to that.

The waist, unlike the instep, is nice and fitted, so not uncomfortable at all. To me, this is ideal fit.

Toes, near pinky toe, is a little tight but that is due to new leather as opposed to a fit issue.

For those that have the Contemporary Almond (CA) last, I took the same size. That last fits a little more generous than this one. Well more spacious in the waist, similar in the instep, heel on the CA is looser, toes on both similar. Thus TTS for the CA & Huang.

From what I recall, the Rain is not as generous as this last. The Rain fit me tight all over. IMO, the Carmina last that fits similar to this one is the Forest (again I base that from my memory).

The Huang last fits me spot on. The topline hugs my foot perfectly. I have wiggle room in the toes, although a little tight, as already mentioned. With a little break-in, I expect the tighter areas to loosen and improve the fit further. Overall, I am extremely extremely satisfied with the fit 👍🏻.
Thanks for the thorough feedback on the fit. Looks like TTS is the way to go with the Huang and Pu lasts.

Has anyone received their OCT10 STD on the PU last? If so, how does it compare to SoH's CA or ER?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thorough feedback on the fit. Looks like TTS is the way to go with the Huang and Pu lasts.

Has anyone received their OCT10 STD on the PU last? If so, how does it compare to SoH's CA or ER?
I should be receiving mine on Wednesday according to Tom. I also have the CA last, I should be able to compare the 2.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I’m a true 11.5 E US due to toe width would the 11 UK SpTD likely be a good fit?
I will PM you for sizing.

I should be receiving mine on Wednesday according to Tom. I also have the CA last, I should be able to compare the 2.
They will be picked up by DHL this afternoon, I'lll send you the tracking link.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pre-orders for Fall/Winter 2020 are now online!

Link: https://sonsofhenrey.com/collections/fw-2020-pre-order

This season, I continue on the same path: exceptional types of leather, that are almost impossible to find from any other maker at this price point. A properly made shoe on well-balanced lasts, and every season I also try to improve small details when finishing the shoes.

A couple of my own favorites are the Walnut Museum calf George SpTD, Utah calf Ambly Chukka boot, Christopher Wingtip Derby in Walnut Country Calf, and the Charles Semi Brogue in 8177 Alpine Calf. And the Espresso suede George SpTD, and Craig 3-Eyelet Derby, and... :blush:. I'm of course excited about all of them!

As usual, no pictures. Everything is left to your imagination. But since there is limited stock per model, if you're on the fence, please contact me and I'll happily provide more information on the model that might help in visualizing the shoe. Once your size is gone, it's gone.

There is a 10% discount for everyone pre-order, except those of the more casual line (the Ambly Chukka in dark brown suede, and the Christopher Wingtip in Badalassi Carlo Minerva calf). Please use code PREORDER during checkout.

Happy to answer any questions!

Bag.jpg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pre-orders for Fall/Winter 2020 are now online!

Link: https://sonsofhenrey.com/collections/fw-2020-pre-order

This season, I continue on the same path: exceptional types of leather, that are almost impossible to find from any other maker at this price point. A properly made shoe on well-balanced lasts, and every season I also try to improve small details when finishing the shoes.

A couple of my own favorites are the Walnut Museum calf George SpTD, Utah calf Ambly Chukka boot, Christopher Wingtip Derby in Walnut Country Calf, and the Charles Semi Brogue in 8177 Alpine Calf. And the Espresso suede George SpTD, and Craig 3-Eyelet Derby, and... :blush:. I'm of course excited about all of them!

As usual, no pictures. Everything is left to your imagination. But since there is limited stock per model, if you're on the fence, please contact me and I'll happily provide more information on the model that might help in visualizing the shoe. Once your size is gone, it's gone.

There is a 10% discount for everyone pre-order, except those of the more casual line (the Ambly Chukka in dark brown suede, and the Christopher Wingtip in Badalassi Carlo Minerva calf). Please use code PREORDER during checkout.

Happy to answer any questions!

View attachment 1438653
Could you possibly make the leathers the profile picture on the page? Thanks.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could you possibly make the leather the profile picture on the page? Thanks.
I could try that, let me first see to get a picture of the leather for every model.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a way to search what each model is? George I know is the split toe (and it shows up on Google right away), the captoe also pops up right away, but how can I see what's

Christopher Wingtip Derby
Charles Semi Brogue
Craig 3-Eyelet Derby

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.