• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MH71 was the only one that's just tolerable, so if that split toe doesn't work for you, you know who might be waiting

:cool:
Someone has a hair and nail appointment tomorrow, so I'll know soon enough what the fitting situation is 😁. Which reminds me, let me see if I can find those Rain shoes and Clevs (from another thread). Tomorrow will be a busy day.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how many boxes from how many secret hide outs you got to pull out all this stuff

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how many boxes from how many secret hide outs you got to pull out all this stuff
Well three hiding spots and a half.
So what I have here (maybe 30 to 40 boxes) , my folks house (30 to 40), our storage unit (20 to 30) and my office (I think 5 to 10 pairs).

If it's not here, I won't be able to get them until I head to my folks' house, which is roughly 2x a month so they can see the grandkids. If those shoes are at the office or in the storage unit, might as well forget the comparison 😂.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you don't even know what you have in each hideout!!!

Proleet

Reaction score
The last time I got several shoes in around the same time i was perfectly able to sneak all into my closet and dispose of the evidence by heading out of work a tad bit early. Got 3 soh gmto incoming without a plan in place :s

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you don't even know what you have in each hideout!!!
No idea 😂. Before the Covid situation I was hoping to organize myself. Draw up some Excel sheets and plan everything out properly. Additionally, I could at least figure out what shoes and designs I have.

Well the pandemic through all that out the window. That will probably be on my to do list for the upcoming year.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
No idea 😂. Before the Covid situation I was hoping to organize myself. Draw up some Excel sheets and plan everything out properly. Additionally, I could at least figure out what shoes and designs I have.

Well the pandemic through all that out the window. That will probably be on my to do list for the upcoming year.
Sounds like too much work. Simply forget about them, think of them as lost during the move and order all shoes anew.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That narrow toe you are referring to is the reason that the MH71, and I are no longer on speaking terms. So yes, that brand and I had history together. "Had" being the operative word here.
I hope to hear how Oct.Tenth last you have compare to MH71 last, the length, the width, and the instep. My best GG fitting last is GG06. MH71/DG70/TG73 are too tight in the toe box which also makes the instepe too tight.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like too much work. Simply forget about them, think of them as lost during the move and order all shoes anew.
Well I am attempting to remake quite a few of them actually, so I suppose I'm working towards that.
Amazing how influential those early pairs of shoes were. I guess I still have a soft spot for those English brands.

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score

Lol. I use my spreadsheet regularly to track the collection and then plan future purchases

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to hear how Oct.Tenth last you have compare to MH71 last, the length, the width, and the instep. My best GG fitting last is GG06. MH71/DG70/TG73 are too tight in the toe box which also makes the instepe too tight.
I no longer have those GGs. I would be going off of memory which, unfortunately, will not be too accurate since it has been years since I wore & owned them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.