• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where this idea that Chelsea can't be repaired is coming from but I heard it multiple times. In the crockett and jones website in the repair page they mention "elastic replacement" for 25£, I am inclined to believe this is for Chelsea, am I wrong?
My point is elastic part of Chelsea can be repaired by just removing and stitching new one in. But can the same be said about the lazy man with those decorated leather pieces stiched on top of the elastic band?

Braid

Reaction score
My point is elastic part of Chelsea can be repaired by just removing and stitching new one in. But can the same be said about the lazy man with those decorated leather pieces stiched on top of the elastic band?
Apologies I misunderstood your post, as I read multiple times that Chelsea can't be repaired I misinterpreted your post.

Regarding the lazyman that is a good question indeed, never heard about this kind of repair. I imagine this could be much more difficult than Chelsea since there are multiple smaller elastics compared to one big one.

George Mason

Reaction score
I know we’ve discussed burgundy Utah Ambly chukkas, but I also believe the SoH loafer would look amazing in burgundy Utah. And, if this leather is as comfortable as many intimate, the SoH Byron - a high boot - would be a great match for burgundy Utah as an autumn offering.

I would probably purchase all three!

boot_owl

Reaction score
Apologies I misunderstood your post, as I read multiple times that Chelsea can't be repaired I misinterpreted your post.

Regarding the lazyman that is a good question indeed, never heard about this kind of repair. I imagine this could be much more difficult than Chelsea since there are multiple smaller elastics compared to one big one.
actually the lazy man elastic is usually a single piece of elastic is multiple strips of leather sewn on. It’s definitely a more complex repair than a chelsea elastic replacement but by no means insurmountable

Braid

Reaction score
actually the lazy man elastic is usually a single piece of elastic is multiple strips of leather sewn on. It’s definitely a more complex repair than a chelsea elastic replacement but by no means insurmountable
Thanks for the clarification, never had lazyman but they are growing on me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really want a lazyman but question for you all? Will the elastic part stretch so much that you can't wear anymore? I imagine it's impossible to repair such issue as compared to those on a Chelsea?
others answer repair already, but for what it's worth think my oldest lazyman is 8 years old, no issue so far

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a lazy man person (yet?) but I’d probably prefer it mostly looking like a regular shoe so with split
yup, was my thinking initially, but then I noticed not all of mine had it, and it didn't really ever bother me somehow

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we’ve discussed burgundy Utah Ambly chukkas, but I also believe the SoH loafer would look amazing in burgundy Utah. And, if this leather is as comfortable as many intimate, the SoH Byron - a high boot - would be a great match for burgundy Utah as an autumn offering.

I would probably purchase all three!
I believe the burgundy Utah is almost impossible to get. Are you talking about burgundy hatch grain by any chance?

nikolau

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.