• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which last did you get?
Huang.

Something interesting. Within the interior of the shoe, EG displays the size and last. The same was replicated here by Oct. Tenth.

I'm definitely enthusiastic about these Burgundy SpTDs.
More than anything, I am happy that I was able to participate in my first ever GMTO.
Hoping we can do something in a calf Color 8, and preferably grained 😉.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look amazing @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes ... I am itching to get my hands on mine ...
Thank you thank you! Considering we pretty much have a similar make-up, you will be extremely pleased.

I am very impressed with the end result aesthetically. Once I get them on, that would be the true measure of the shoes in their entirety.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls, so I can report that @Notch was true to his word. I'll have more words to share and pictures to demonstrate later. Unfortunately, her majesty's royal guard is on the loose and can lead to catastrophic consequences to my well-being.

Quickly then, the shoes are indeed in pristine shape. Shoe bags are a nice soft quality material as well.
The shoes look absolutely beautiful. The leather is very supple, think Utah Leather.

View attachment 1434100View attachment 1434099View attachment 1434101View attachment 1434102View attachment 1434103
Glad to see these have arrived safely!

For those that are reading here but didn't participate in the first round of OT orders, there was an issue with the shoe boxes when they arrived. All boxes arrived badly damaged, and for some customers, I switched them to SOH boxes. Luckily, none of the shoes were damaged, and I'm now waiting for new boxes from Shanghai.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@bsarosi , @acapaca , @Thomas_M, @smartbrother , I may have found a 6th person outside of Styleforum that will participate in the Ebony Utah Penny loafer GMTO. I will let you know once he confirms.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tom, are you considering new GMTO with OT?
I'm always open to new ideas! There was some discussion going on about a OT01 in Janus dark brown suede, but if you have an idea in mind, shoot!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see these have arrived safely!

For those that are reading here but didn't participate in the first round of OT orders, there was an issue with the shoe boxes when they arrived. All boxes arrived badly damaged, and for some customers, I switched them to SOH boxes. Luckily, none of the shoes were damaged, and I'm now waiting for new boxes from Shanghai.
Hey Tom,

Are the OT boxes similar to the SoH boxes or they’re the drawer type boxes?

ZRH1

Reaction score
Yes, that's a (very limited) re-run.

I placed an extra order for Ebony Utah calf, as the George STD is flying off the shelves, and I was going to allocate part of that leather to a new re-run of the loafer. I had ordered 10 square meters, or enough for around 28-30 pair of shoes. I was going to re-make the loafer in size 8, 8.5 and 9 only.

So if we can get to 6 people here, that might be a better solution as then anyone who wears a smaller or larger size can also join in. I have one confirmed order outside of SF, and @Thomas_M is also on board I believe. So 4 more needed.
thanks, does that mean that I don't need to get onto the GMTO for my size 9UK?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Are the OT boxes similar to the SoH boxes or they’re the drawer type boxes?
They are drawer-style boxes.

thanks, does that mean that I don't need to get onto the GMTO for my size 9UK?
If we can fid 6 people for a GMTO, the loafer will not return as RTW. So even if you're a size 9UK, if you want to have the Ebony Utah penny loafer, it is best to join the GMTO. We should be 6 now, you would be #7.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.