• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

bsarosi

Reaction score
If we get to 6 with the GMTO, then there will be no re-run of the Penny loafer for next Fall, as the rest of the Utah calf leather is meant for the Goerge Split Toe Derby. Perhaps next Spring, but that's undecided yet.
Then I’d be inclined to get in on the GMTO

acapaca

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm gonna need these loafers too. They look too good to pass up. Count me in.

Proleet

Reaction score
@Notch Did you manage to get any clarity yet on the types of pig skin leather and if you can source it?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can have the full strap through the GMTO? :devil:
Pattern changes like this would take (a lot of) time (and there's a pattern fee), but it can be done.
Hey Tom, I'm guessing that that will entail more than a few months?

This was my idea. I love the color of Cordovan Color 8. Whilst I love the color, the weight is suicide in the summer.

I have way too many pennies, but only one full strap. It is a full strap CJ loafer.

So I want a calf that looks like Cordovan but acts, well like calf haha. I want that calf Color 8 in a grain. I don't believe that leather exists. Thus, an Oxblood or Dark Brown grained leather I can manipulate with creams will get me close. Alternatively, a crust grain that is colored to resemble the Color 8 will suit my purposes.

So to answer @clee1982, I guess it is definitely a check off my list 😁.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
calf that looks like color 8 for real would be my calling (just not into shell...), though not sure about in grain, guess depends on how fine...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calf that looks like color 8 for real would be my calling (just not into shell...), though not sure about in grain, guess depends on how fine...
Lama is what I was thinking of, the milled Rusticalf from D'annonay, or a pin grain type. In other words, a leather exhibiting a little surface interest, but not so much where it looks entirely rural.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls, so I can report that @Notch was true to his word. I'll have more words to share and pictures to demonstrate later. Unfortunately, her majesty's royal guard is on the loose and can lead to catastrophic consequences to my well-being.

Quickly then, the shoes are indeed in pristine shape. Shoe bags are a nice soft quality material as well.
The shoes look absolutely beautiful. The leather is very supple, think Utah Leather.

20200731_214653.jpg
20200731_214100.jpg
20200731_214533.jpg
20200731_214619.jpg
20200731_214511.jpg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls, so I can report that @Notch was true to his word. I'll have more words to share and pictures to demonstrate later. Unfortunately, her majesty's royal guard is on the loose and can lead to catastrophic consequences to my well-being.

Quickly then, the shoes are indeed in pristine shape. Shoe bags are a nice soft quality material as well.
The shoes look absolutely beautiful. The leather is very supple, think Utah Leather.

View attachment 1434100View attachment 1434099View attachment 1434101View attachment 1434102View attachment 1434103
Looks great. Interested to know how do you find the fit and the instep compared to other makers you own if you already tried them.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Interested to know how do you find the fit and the instep compared to other makers you own if you already tried them.
Good question. Trying them on will not happen today that I can say. I got my sons interested in the new box in our corridor hiding inside their tent box 😂.

Definitely the instep is an important part of the fit, as I have a high instep.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that looks really good, now I might have to get on the split toe bandwagon as well...

edit: also less radiant red, I like it
I can sort of identify red. These are not red by any means. I'm happy to report they look brown 😂.

Immediately out of the box, I was pleased to see they were not sleek. Nor is the square tip angular. Very soft which I like. Those prominent angles are a bit much for a SpTD.

Very handsome Bcolle, glad to see you finally get the burgundy Split toe
Yes sir! Long long time coming.

Next up, calf Color 8 😎

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.