• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I appreciate the transparency of SoH. It's what sets your brand apart from the rest. You don't hear this from other big or even smaller brands. It really makes me appreciate the brand, the founder, and to want to support it.

Every new venture has its struggles and I am sure you will get through this! Everyone is struggling, so delays in shipping or orders being fulfilled is the new reality - and it's NBD!
think a lot older brand just don't appreciate how much transparency help, and sometimes they're afraid telling too much...

op131

Reaction score
I appreciate the transparency of SoH. It's what sets your brand apart from the rest. You don't hear this from other big or even smaller brands. It really makes me appreciate the brand, the founder, and to want to support it.

Every new venture has its struggles and I am sure you will get through this! Everyone is struggling, so delays in shipping or orders being fulfilled is the new reality - and it's NBD!
Agree.
This is essentially a one man operation handling three distinct lines, and doing a fantastic job in these testing times. Many would have struggled with a unique line, let alone three!

And I'm pretty sure most of us here don't mind a delay of a couple of weeks or even months.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, don't mind the wait, and to be honest with Oct Tenth if it's coming soon, then it's not really any wait

WhyUEarly

Reaction score
The soft square last is beautiful but tapers a bit too much for my toes, so thinking of selling my Siena Hatchgrain Byron boots (8.5UK). They're pretty much brand new. Only wore them twice because of the quarantine. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.
IMG_20200525_184527.jpg

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind comments! I try to communicate as much as I can, although still, I feel that I should update more frequently (this has also been pointed out by some people waiting on their pre-orders). So I'll try to do that from now on. A good community that is interested in your brand is everything in this business.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

shoesforever

Reaction score
An interesting read and the reason why I have not yet sent in one of my own sneakers: https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/hf7t6b/debunking_rose_anvils_common_project_video_one/

I also do not agree with many of the points in the Rose Anvils video about Common Projects, as I have mentioned before. The fact that he then receives a free pair from Oliver Cabell to 'review' (really, compare it to CP), just doesn't feel right.

Yeah, I actually made a comment on this in HeSpokeStyle's reaction video to Rose Anvil's video. It is very one sided and with an angle to it, which is not really neutral. I think he's knowledgeable enough to know that his presentation is misleading.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Sneakers and full grain leather? UNless you planning to patina or mirror shine your sneaker who cares if it is full grain? Most sneakers are painted with white paint anyway. I hope no one is expecting vegetable tanned white sneaker, so what is the big whoop about full grain vs corrected grain vs split etc. Wouldn't it all be no grain after it is painted white?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That dude is a kind of a fraud if you ask me. A ton of his points were just flat out incorrect. Why was he so shocked about finding out there was a shank in there? LMAO

This reddit post goes into more details though rebuking a lot of his talking points.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got really turned off by the Rose anvil video on CP. It really exposed his lack of knowledge or willful ignorance which is worse. Not sure I can trust anything the guy says anymore. Appreciate Tom's transparency AND knowledge
well, I don't even know who Rose Anvil is, but guess allow me for auto avoid..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.