• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

DBD

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

While I’ve been reading, watching and learning from many experienced gents in this and other threads since 2017, this is my first post ever.

I’ve acquired a humble collection of shoes these last 3 years, trying low to mid-tier brands like Meermin, Carlos Santos, Carmina, Yanko, Alfred Sargent and Sons of Henrey.

The reason for this post is simple: the SoH penny loafers in utah were delivered yesterday and I cannot praise enough this pair. It’s an absolutely gorgeous shoe.

While the construction, upper stitching, and many other details (like the leather itself), are already well-known by many of you, I would like to praise this last. It’s a great last, very well balanced: not too sleek, not too rugged, with a perfect narrower waist and a front/tip of high sophistication. I think this is the most distinguished SoH last to this date. Add uppers with great proportions from toe to strap position and heel and you have what I consider a lovely shoe.

I took the same size as in the Soft Square and Contemporary Almond lasts and it worked perfectly. The loafers are very comfortable and I highly recommend them to everyone.

Sorry for the long post and thanks Tom!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

While I’ve been reading, watching and learning from many experienced gents in this and other threads since 2017, this is my first post ever.

I’ve acquired a humble collection of shoes these last 3 years, trying low to mid-tier brands like Meermin, Carlos Santos, Carmina, Yanko, Alfred Sargent and Sons of Henrey.

The reason for this post is simple: the SoH penny loafers in utah were delivered yesterday and I cannot praise enough this pair. It’s an absolutely gorgeous shoe.

While the construction, upper stitching, and many other details (like the leather itself), are already well-known by many of you, I would like to praise this last. It’s a great last, very well balanced: not too sleek, not too rugged, with a perfect narrower waist and a front/tip of high sophistication. I think this is the most distinguished SoH last to this date. Add uppers with great proportions from toe to strap position and heel and you have what I consider a lovely shoe.

I took the same size as in the Soft Square and Contemporary Almond lasts and it worked perfectly. The loafers are very comfortable and I highly recommend them to everyone.

Sorry for the long post and thanks Tom!
Hi David! Very nice to see you here, and thank you so, so much for the kind comments!

I too feel that the loafer last might just be the best one yet, it's a very well balanced last with elegant toe shape. Springline did an amazing job modeling it (after some Japanese bespoke last pictures I had saved on Instagram to speak the truth). Wear the loafers in good health!

Reactions: DBD

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've updated this thread, I haven't been very active on the forum as all my attention is focused on keeping the business afloat.

First and foremost, the GMTO's and pre-orders. This has been a bit of a nightmare really. When COVID-19 hit, I did not expect it would have this kind of impact. The delay in RTW shoes is one thing, but the delay in already-paid for shoes by customers is another. The factory is working at 30% now (according to their last update), which also means that no one ever really knows what another person is doing. From the beginning of June, shipments have been coming in, unannounced or without packing list sent to me. I have a (hopefully final) shipment en route to me, but I have yet to receive the packing list so I can not be 100% certain what's inside. I am pondering how I can make this up to the customers affected, and will definitely try to come to a solution soon.

Sons of Henrey RTW then. If this whole ordeal taught me one thing, it is that stock interruptions are the absolute worst for a small company to have. My money was (is) tied up in down payments for incoming inventory, while I had nothing to sell and bills kept coming in. Luckily, there was the Vekla sneaker pre-order, and the Oct. Tenth collaboration to tie me over. So instead, I decided to double down on next season's inventory. I invested some of my savings in the business, and have doubled the order value (vekla and SoH combined) from last year. The Spring/Summer collection consists of a small range of loafers primarily, and next season's offering will again focus on 'special' leathers such as Utah calf, Inca grain, and Zonta suede, among others. The new office space comes in really handy for this

The Oct. Tenth collaboration was off to an amazing start in May and June, while now this is calming down a bit, probably until people start seeing some finished shoes and there is more feedback on size. The first batch of shoes is supposed to be sent very soon, the shoes are finished and being packed, I am working out the shipping details with the factory.

For Vekla, the sneakers are in production and the estimated delivery date is still September 15th (the factory even mentioned they might finish sooner than that!). Working together with the Italian factory seems like a breeze these days, especially compared to Spain. I have high hopes for the sneaker range, now and in the future, and have also placed an order that's much larger than first anticipated to stock as RTW shoes next season. A lot of great things are in the pipeline for Vekla, but those will be announced in due time. Last Saturday, I had planned what was supposed to be the first live shoot for the sneakers, with a great photographer I met at the Supertrunk in Amsterdam (https://www.instagram.com/j.vandegruiter/?hl=nl). Due to the rain, this was postponed, hopefully, to somewhere next week. Expect to see some really cool images of the sneakers, very soon!

In terms of the actual business, I have not yet been able to find the necessary funding to take it to the next level. To tell you the truth, these last few months I feel like I'm the assistant to my own company: I do the day-to-day stuff, simply to keep the company from going under, and to keep the ball rolling. But I simply don't find the time to focus on the bigger picture, to deal with higher-level decisions. I have a couple of friends who are bankers and push me to write a financial plan and investor pitch so they can start asking around, but I haven't gotten further than drafting the first sketch of a potential investor pitch. But I am working on this.

So, that's the general update for now! If anyone would like to have more specifics, just ask, I'm always happy to talk about these kinds of things. There is much more to talk about really, but it would take us too far I guess.

Proleet

Reaction score
Appreciate the update. I honestly wasn’t too bothered by the delay of the gmto. Regarding oct tenth: your assumption is at least spot on for me; simply waiting to see some results (and I assume it’ll also be easier then to make a decision on sizing/last when people share their thoughts).

Do you still anticipate the gmto aimed for September to be ready then or unsure at this time?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate the update. I honestly wasn’t too bothered by the delay of the gmto. Regarding oct tenth: your assumption is at least spot on for me; simply waiting to see some results (and I assume it’ll also be easier then to make a decision on sizing/last when people share their thoughts).

Do you still anticipate the gmto aimed for September to be ready then or unsure at this time?
The Cortès Sienna hatchgrain and Ambly Russian reindeer GMTO's? Yes, I do expect those to finish in September. Those have been handed in quite some time ago.

To be honest, I have the feeling that the factory appreciates every order that comes in more than they used to, and that they are doing their best not to delay these orders. I have absolutely no information on whether or not any of the larger (fashion brand) players pulled an order, but I wouldn't be surprised given the climate.

Proleet

Reaction score
The Cortès Sienna hatchgrain and Ambly Russian reindeer GMTO's? Yes, I do expect those to finish in September. Those have been handed in quite some time ago. To be honest, I have the feeling that the factory appreciates every order that comes in more than they used to. I have absolutely no information on whether or not any of the larger (fashion brand) players pulled an order, but I wouldn't be surprised given the climate.
i am in on those two and the burgundy Inca grain George but was asking in general (as I’m sure there are some gmto I didn’t participate in)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate the transparency, it is definitely not an easy time..., and if OctTenth comes back well I might just get another pair.

winghus

Reaction score
The Cortès Sienna hatchgrain and Ambly Russian reindeer GMTO's? Yes, I do expect those to finish in September. Those have been handed in quite some time ago.

To be honest, I have the feeling that the factory appreciates every order that comes in more than they used to, and that they are doing their best not to delay these orders. I have absolutely no information on whether or not any of the larger (fashion brand) players pulled an order, but I wouldn't be surprised given the climate.
Do you have any idea on when the rest of the burgundy lama chukkas will be in? Also every loafer you have was sold out in 10.5UK when I looked at them, did they sell that quickly or were fewer made in that size ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the transparency and updates. May feel easier said than done, but keep moving forward and keep positive.

Speaking for myself (@Notch) provided the shoes arrive at some point, I don't mind the wait. Ultimately, it will be worth it.

You boys that subscribe to other threads (specifically the Italian threads) are well aware that waiting even 6 to 8 months after a quoted time is actually "On time". 😉

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any idea on when the rest of the burgundy lama chukkas will be in? Also every loafer you have was sold out in 10.5UK when I looked at them, did they sell that quickly or were fewer made in that size ?
I expect to receive the packing list soon, once I have it I will be able to confirm regarding the Burgundy lama chukkas. Only certain models were made to a size 10.5UK, and yes they sold out in an instant.

Larger and smaller sizes remain tricky. I have customers that take 5.5UK, and those that take 12.5UK or higher (although I never sold higher than that). The standard range is 6.5-10, and for certain models I include smaller and larger sizes.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the transparency of SoH. It's what sets your brand apart from the rest. You don't hear this from other big or even smaller brands. It really makes me appreciate the brand, the founder, and to want to support it.

Every new venture has its struggles and I am sure you will get through this! Everyone is struggling, so delays in shipping or orders being fulfilled is the new reality - and it's NBD!

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Shipping dealys are enourmous atm. I am still waiting for packages to move through various logistical chains. My shipments have been slowly advancing for over 2 months now. Some of the stuff I already mentally wrote off as a total loss.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.