• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First impressions by @wurger
She mentioned that general speaking, westerners have a slightly more narrow and low volume feet compare to a Chinese feet.

yup, and that's why in general I find English to be more restrictive for me (or unwearable in some case...), though seems like Italian tends to carry things differently (for example really hard to find EG/GG in wide width in general, except Italian retailer which seems to more likely carry EG in wider width by defulat)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to avoid further confusion for the OT lasts.

There are no different width fittings for each last. The two 'sets' of lasts simply fit differently:
  • The Huang and Pu fit more towards an F fitting. F fitting is what you could call average, standard or medium width. It is what most brands offer as their standard width.
  • The Shang and Hai on the other hand for more towards an E fitting. The E fitting is slightly more narrow, which results in less volume in the front. Only G&G and EG use E fitting as their 'standard' fitting.
So it is not possible to order Huang in E fitting or Shang in F fitting.

Besides the difference in fitting between the two sets of lasts, the Huang and Pu are banana-shaped, and the Shang and Hai are more straight.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch I saw you mentioning that your STDs were coming in different leathers this fall. Will they be in different lasts as well?
The main last will still be the Contemporary Almond last, although we are also introducing one model on the Soft Square last, as this looked very good with the Sienna Hatch Grain last year.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a GMTO in black Utah? Wholecut Chelsea or the George STD for example. There's only a small window of opportunity here though :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.