• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Oh wow...what burgundy leather is being used on that split toe derby on Oct_tenth's latest IG post (xibaoshoemaker)?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow...what burgundy leather is being used on that split toe derby on Oct_tenth's latest IG post (xibaoshoemaker)?
It is sienna hatch grain from Horween.
I am on the fence over the Sienna VS the Burgundy Horween & Burgundy Inca. The Sienna might be a bit too light for my purposes but goodness it is beautiful! Incidentally, @Kangnamstyles you are referring to the picture Tom posted a few pages back?

Darn shame we do not have access to the Burgundy Utah, but then that would complicate matters. Although truth be told, that would be my first choice (Utah). The Baker leather does seem to offer a hint of red. Again, waiting to see it in the flesh (no pun intended) to better ascertain color versatility.

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's Sienna Hatch Grain from Horween, but the finish is different to how I finish it for Sons of Henrey.

I am on the fence over the Sienna VS the Burgundy Horween & Burgundy Inca. The Sienna might be a bit too light for my purposes but goodness it is beautiful! Incidentally, @Kangnamstyles you are referring to the picture Tom posted a few pages back?

Darn shame we do not have access to the Burgundy Utah, but then that would complicate matters. Although truth be told, that would be my first choice (Utah). The Baker leather does seem to offer a hint of red. Again, waiting to see it in the flesh (no pun intended) to better ascertain color versatility.
The picture on Oct. Tenth Instagram is indeed the one I posted a couple of pages back. It's a beautiful shoe:

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Profile.jpg

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Closeup_2.jpg

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Closeup.jpg

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Sole.jpg

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Toe.jpg

OT_Sons_of_Henrey_STD_Sienna_Hatch_Grain_Top.jpg

Attachments

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Sienna Hatch Grain from Horween, but the finish is different to how I finish it for Sons of Henrey.

The picture on Oct. Tenth Instagram is indeed the one I posted a couple of pages back. It's a beautiful shoe:

View attachment 1368039

And you guys would still want that boring old George GYW* shoe after seeing these pictures. Makes my toes wiggle in anticipation 😎

*(Tom, of course the George is a killer shoe but we have to stir up some emotions with these HW shoes)*

winghus

Reaction score
And you guys would still want that boring old George GYW* shoe after seeing these pictures. Makes my toes wiggle in anticipation 😎

*(Tom, of course the George is a killer shoe but we have to stir up some emotions with these HW shoes)*
The George is on the contemporary almond which is too pointy at UK10.5 for my taste. If the initial Oct 10th/SoH SpTD GMTO happens enough later in the year, I may just go in if it's a burgundy grain. I really want a HW split toe boot first but I may go with your GMTO if it's late enough for the budget to recover. Also, our business is down 25% at work and they've started reducing personnel in certain locations so everything is up in the air for now.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The George is on the contemporary almond which is too pointy at UK10.5 for my taste. If the initial Oct 10th/SoH SpTD GMTO happens enough later in the year, I may just go in if it's a burgundy grain. I really want a HW split toe boot first but I may go with your GMTO if it's late enough for the budget to recover. Also, our business is down 25% at work and they've started reducing personnel in certain locations so everything is up in the air for now.
If you can jump on board now, Great! If not, it isn't like you can't just pay the small makeup fee thereafter.

Beauty of this thing is shoes will always be available in one form or the other 👌.

winghus

Reaction score
If you can jump on board now, Great! If not, it isn't like you can't just pay the small makeup fee thereafter.

Beauty of this thing is shoes will always be available in one form or the other 👌.
I thought we weren't anywhere near the point of taking orders for the hand welted stuff yet?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Haha, sure, no offense taken!

When!? I want these...

Soon :) . I was actually going to make that one for my dad, but in the end he went with a split toe in suede.

Ohh yeah! I want more of the norvegese welts!
Yes, I'm happy to be able to offer norvegese welts again. The factory in Spain can do them too but these are next level.

The GMTO will probably be open by the end of April, but single MTO is a valid option, or we can run a second GMTO when the first one arrives. Short lead times are a great plus.

I do hope your business manages to get through these difficult times. As a small business owner, I know that uncertainty is difficult so the sooner we're through this first phase, the better!

I thought we weren't anywhere near the point of taking orders for the hand welted stuff yet?
Almost, but not there yet. We want the launch to go smoothly and have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. I'll see if I can upload some sample pictures from inside the workshop.

op131

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the flow about HW, just wanted to post this pic I took few days ago about my first pair of SoH:
View attachment 1368266
And ask Tom the specs of this suede. Is it reverse calf? From which tannery? I really love the colour and it's incredibly soft.
IIRC, it's reverse suede from Zonta. Really nice design, and the tobacco suede is of great quality.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Correct, tobacco suede from Conceria Zonta. At least, I call it tobacco, to factory has a different name.

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also re-launching the idea of a fur-lined Chelsea boot GMTO for next fall, I know a couple of members here are interested in one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.