• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just join in already (if you haven’t). It’ll be awesome!
Would love to but makes no sense, since we (or I) will make it up in the HW configuration.

While I love the idea of a Burgundy SpTD, not sure if I like it that much.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I would also be on for the J&FJ Baker's HW options. Waiting to see the leather firsthand from a make-up I did several months ago. Should be about done I would imagine.

op131

Reaction score
I initially brought up with you boys the possibility of a grained Burgundy SpTD. Somehow you get first crack at the configuration!!!! The betrayal! The deceit! C'est la vie 😫.
Ha ha, you'll have your chance with the HW GMTO. And with the way things are in Spain right now, chances are you get your pair before us.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, you'll have your chance with the HW GMTO. And with the way things are in Spain right now, chances are you get your pair before us.
Definitely should receive the shoes before, at least based on the timeline and estimations provided by @Notch.

If I am lucky, I would be in the process of my second pair of whatever make up before you boys get yours. You know the ones I am referring to Tom 😉.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Would love to but makes no sense, since we (or I) will make it up in the HW configuration.

While I love the idea of a Burgundy SpTD, not sure if I like it that much.

Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I would also be on for the J&FJ Baker's HW options. Waiting to see the leather firsthand from a make-up I did several months ago. Should be about done I would imagine.
I, too, am holding out for the HW GMTO for the burgundy SpTD. The George is A great model and no doubt will turn out well in the Inca grain, but I’m really intrigued by the Oct.Tenth options.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, too, am holding out for the HW GMTO for the burgundy SpTD. The George is A great model and no doubt will turn out well in the Inca grain, but I’m really intrigued by the Oct.Tenth options.
You my friend are a great great man, and a fellow who shall receive his shoes before the Burgundy George people. La Dolce Vita 😎.

That makes two for the GMTO HW Burgundy SpTD. Half way there and we haven't even started taking orders.

George Mason

Reaction score
@Notch Looking for a suede chukka. What's the key difference between this and last season's? Leather quality?

Congrats on the collection and recent growth!
I have the Ambly in Parisian brown suede, and I wonder if it's too similar to the newly proposed Ambly chukka in Polo suede. Perhaps Tom can chime in when he has a chance...

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Tom,

In for the George, thanks for offering it on the CA last!
The new wingtip model is really tempting, but I need to do an inventory first :)
BTW, the Ambly looks really nice on the new round last.
I think the CA will work perfectly with the design and the leather, happy to have you on board! I also really like the new last for Chukka boots, maybe I'll include them next Fall.

Tom - When did you do the Harvey perforated cap toe derby that is shown in the photo/advert higher up on this page? Do you expect to do it again?
That was one of the first 6 models I ever introduced with SoH, before shifting focus to a more niche offering of harder-to-find models and leather options. A captoe oxford in Weinheimer brown boxcalf is on the shortlist for next collection though.

@Notch Looking for a suede chukka. What's the key difference between this and last season's? Leather quality?

Thanks! Let me answer that tomorrow with some pictures and detailed info.

@Notch , I really hope we can get the spring pre orders delivered to get better idea on sizing before I put in another order from current ones!
Me too, hoping that the factory will be able to re-open soon. Although we need to be realistic in this, Spain is one of the hardest hit countries in the EU.

Good to have different options under the belt in times like this, I also thrust the workshop in Shanghai is moving forward at full speed.

Agree, the George is a beautiful model and a best seller from the start, but Oct. Tenth sure also knows how to a SpTD!

I have the Ambly in Parisian brown suede, and I wonder if it's too similar to the newly proposed Ambly chukka in Polo suede. Perhaps Tom can chime in when he has a chance...
I'll also answer this tomorrow, so that I can take some comparison pictures of the leather in natural light.

Just put in my order for the white Calf Vekla sneaker. A great deal for what i expect to be a fantastic sneaker. Excited to support the project.
Thank you so much for your support, that's one step closer to the pre-order target!

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Hi @Notch those shoes and boots look great. How long do you think that the group orders will be open? I'm delaying an order in the hope that the AU$ will recover a bit from the recent dive.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Put in an order for the dark brown gmto chukka!
Thank you for your support, much appreciated!

Hi @Notch those shoes and boots look great. How long do you think that the group orders will be open? I'm delaying an order in the hope that the AU$ will recover a bit from the recent dive.
The group orders are open until the end of April, I will indicate that on the product page.

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Hey @Notch - Couple of Qs:
1. How does Inca grain compare with something like scotch grain? I have a fair number of pairs in the latter but don't have any experience with Inca grain so far.
2. There was a lot of discussion on the HW line you are planning to launch. May be I missed updates there...but what is the expected time for launch for that?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First, a general update to all who read here on the forum.

Despite the CoVID-19 situation, or perhaps I should say due to the CoVID-19 situation, I have actually never been busier. Granted, sales have slumped in March, but I went all in for April with the launch of Vekla, the GMTO's for next fall and the start of the Oct. Tenth x Sons of Henrey collaboration. I am also thinking ahead to see how I will keep the company afloat, so I am actually working around the clock, be it in the background.

What I want to say is that I have a huge backlog of emails to go through at the moment, but please bear with me, I will reply to all of them!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There were some questions with regards to the leather options,

So, the key difference between this season's Chukka and the previous one. The model is the same obviously, a 3-eyelet Chukka.

1) The leather is different, with the current model being made in Repello split suede from CF Stead, while previously it was made in reverse suede from Conceria Zonta. There is definitely a difference in price between the two, and a difference in quality. This can also be a bit of a grey area though, as you could raise the point that a good quality piece of split suede will be better then a bad quality piece of reverse suede.

There are actually a couple of reasons why I am introducing CF Repello suede into the collection. First of all, it is much easier to acquire than Zonta reverse suede, and more colour consistent. The reverse suede from Zonta led to some headaches and it was no longer a viable option to build an entire collection on.

Secondly, Repello suede is a staple in the factory, and the dark brown for example will be supplied by them. This means I do not have to worry about cutting yield or leather quality, as the factory is responsible for this. This allows me to decrease my own margin slightly.

A third reason is because of the price. I would estimate that the price of the Repello is around 2/3 of the Zonta reverse suede, or maybe a bit less even. This has an impact on the selling price. As I was trying to broaden the selection of Sons of Henrey shoes, a well built, good quality Chukka at a more accessible price point seemed like a good place to start.

2) The construction is the same, it is also Goodyear welted in Spain in the same factory. The main differences here would be the 3mm midsole, and the vegetable tanned leather lining.

3) The last is different, with it being a slightly more rounded and shorter last. I will upload a picture of both lasts side by side soon.

I do not have the Parisian Brown suede with me here, so I can't compare the leather next to each other at the moment. I believe the Parisian Brown is lighter and more yellowish, while Polo suede is darker and more red. That, the double sole and the new last will make it a different shoe, but perhaps not different enough to merit both.

Hey @Notch - Couple of Qs:
1. How does Inca grain compare with something like scotch grain? I have a fair number of pairs in the latter but don't have any experience with Inca grain so far.
2. There was a lot of discussion on the HW line you are planning to launch. May be I missed updates there...but what is the expected time for launch for that?
Inca crain and Scotchgrain are both printed leathers, but there is only one Inca grain (made by Tanneries d'Annonay) while there are many version of Scotch Grain. Generally speaking, the Inca grain has a much more faintly embossed pattern. When you run your fingers across Inca Grain leather, it almost feel flat, while with scotchgrain you can really feel the pattern.

To me, it is a very different leather, and Inca grain is one of my personal favorites.

This is a side by side picture of Dark Brown Inca grain, and a standard scotchgrain leather:

Inca_Grain_vs_Scotch_Grain.jpg

With regards to the HW line, I am waiting on studio pictures of several sample shoes, so that I can use them to build a new, dedicated section on the SoH website.

George Mason

Reaction score
Thank you, as always, for your honesty, Tom. One of the many reasons why I own four pairs of SoH boots/shoes, with the fifth pair being the much anticipated burgundy lama chukka boots!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.