• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch - I'm sure there's been some delays but I seem to recall the Blaine Wholecut Chelsea GMTO initially planned for March delivery. Can you provide an update since March has come to an end?
An update on the timeline for the burgundy lama chukka and the Baker reindeer chukka would be nice also. The lama was commissioned December 10 IIRC.
An email is planned to go out this afternoon. I have received the last update from the factory this weekend, since then they are in enforced lockdown. I will explain everything in the email and try to provide a new timeline.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like this model loafers, what is last?
Round as I like, perhaps of course the distortion of proportions due to the small size of the loafers.
I think I would buy derby with such an apron pattern.
Let me check that and I will get back to you.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New, more detailed size guide is online for Vekla. If there are any questions, just email me or send me a PM.

Vekla_Sneaker_Last.jpg

Meyboom

Reaction score
New, more detailed size guide is online for Vekla. If there are any questions, just email me or send me a PM.

View attachment 1364877
Hi Tom, it is a bit of a brain-teaser but I think the quote "Trainers or running shoes, from brands such as Nike, Adidas or New Balance, run notoriously big" is not correct in a way that someone who usually wears 8UK will have to take 9UK in these brands. So since one needs to go up a size in these brands it indicates that they run "notoriously small", no?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Tom, it is a bit of a brain-teaser but I think the quote "Trainers or running shoes, from brands such as Nike, Adidas or New Balance, run notoriously big" is not correct in a way that someone who usually wears 8UK will have to take 9UK in these brands. So since one needs to go up a size in these brands it indicates that they run "notoriously small", no?
Haha, that makes more sense indeed :blush:, I'll change it, thanks!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pictures are taking forever, just an update that I'll upload 4 or 5 crowdfunders for the new, more casual line of shoes on Monday. So far, made it to the shortlist:

3 eyelet chukka in CF Stead Polo suede
3 eyelet chukka in CF Stead Dark Brown suede
Plain toe derby in Badalassi Carlo Tobacco
Wingtip derby in Badalassi Carlo Tobacco

Besides these, I will also start Group Orders for the eFall/Winter 2020 collection, as in the month of May the orders need to be in (hopefully Corona will have settled down by then).

Vekla_Plain_Toe_Derby_Badalassi-Closeup_1.jpg

Vekla_Plain_Toe_Derby_Badalassi-Closeup_3.jpg

Vekla_Plain_Toe_Derby_Badalassi-Closeup_4.jpg

Last edited:

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures are taking forever, just an update that I'll upload 4 or 5 crowdfunders for the new, more casual line of shoes on Monday. So far, made it to the shortlist:

Besides these, I will also start Group Orders for the eFall/Winter 2020 collection, as in the month of May the orders need to be in (hopefully Corona will have settled down by then).

View attachment 1365375

View attachment 1365376

View attachment 1365377
That looks awesome.

Meyboom

Reaction score

View attachment 1365375

View attachment 1365376

View attachment 1365377
That looks promising for sure. PTB is one of the patterns that I've learned to appreciate over the past years (the same happened with split toe derbies). When it is done on a well balanced last and in a nice textured leather PTB's can look stunning in their simplicity. And that Badalassi leather looks really good indeed!

Proleet

Reaction score

View attachment 1365375

View attachment 1365376

View attachment 1365377
will the fall/winter group orders also be up on Monday or will that possibly be later?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
will the fall/winter group orders also be up on Monday or will that possibly be later?
Couple of days later. Still deciding on what models to go with. STD in Burgundy Inca Grain will be one of them, and the Chelsea in Ebony Utah will also return. Still need to sift through the suggestion on here as well.

So many options possible, but only 20-25 RTW Sons of Henrey shoes and a handful of GMTO's will make the cut for next Fall/Winter. Need to split up the resources between Vekla and Sons of Henrey, and at the sam time try to double my order volume from last year. Also this year, I will add more pair for many of the models, to avoid out-of-stock too early in the season (what happened last season).

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any black STD? Please...:freeze:
Plain black calf? I can try to fund it as a GMTO as I do see the merit of such a shoe, as RTW I try to avoid black shoes a bit.

Crispyj

Reaction score
Plain black calf? I can try to fund it as a GMTO as I do see the merit of such a shoe, as RTW I try to avoid black shoes a bit.
Black Utah calf would be nicer :-D, does that even exist? Or just a textured black leather

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Definitely, black utah calf exists:

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 14.08.29.png

So sorry to tease you with these, as I actually don't have access to black Utah calf in small quantities.

On the other hand, I could definitely recommend black Inca grain for a Split Toe Derby, it is kind of similar in grain pattern as Utah, but it is chrome tanned and less soft, which does lend it better for a mirror shine.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.