• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Jilbust

Reaction score
Hi
When start gmto or mto for oct tenth shoes ?
Hard to fait septembre for sneakers;)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi
When start gmto or mto for oct tenth shoes ?
Hard to fait septembre for sneakers;)
First, thank you for your order :fistbump: (I just saw it come in). I'll update very frequently between now and September, as I really want to take the customer on a 'journey' to show exactly how the sneakers are made. I hope that will make the (almost) 6 month wait more bearable!

With Vekla launched, I now have more time to focus on Oct. Tenth. I am preparing a separate section on my website, and the workshop in Shanghai is making a small selection of 'show models'. Once those are finished and I have pictures of everything (models, last shapes, materials, etc.) I can finalise the website and start accepting orders. I hope this is in the month of April.

The turnaround time for the workshop in Shanghai is very short (4 weeks approximately), so there's time to get some GMTO's going even for summer.

I have had some interest for this model in particular:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 09.57.01.png

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
how do you communicate with the shang maker?
Through Wechat and email. One of the founders speaks a fair bit of English (I don't speak any Chinese though), and there is a very decent translation app for the small stuff. We have a mutual friend (who introduced me to the brand) who helps a lot too.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Through Wechat and email. One of the founders speaks a fair bit of English (I don't speak any Chinese though), and there is a very decent translation app for the small stuff. We have a mutual friend (who introduced me to the brand) who helps a lot too.
lol, wechat taking over the world, non-chinese still are reluctant to use it due to fear of ccp monitoring. unfortunately, translation for all technical terms, espcially shoes are very poor.

Reactions: AWu

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Notch - hoping the lockdown ends before summer, would totally rock those loafers with some white trousers and a sky blue shirt

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Almost 25% reached for the pre-order, thanks all for the support :fistbump:

Another, let's say 'unique view' of an early sample. The leatherboard heel counter is clearly visible here, as is the Margom sole. The steel shank is not visible in the picture, but it's there. Upper material, lining, padding and design changed a lot since this sample (this is also not the same colour navy as the current sneakers).

I am actually thinking of doing a video where I cut one of the early samples in half on a bandsaw, dissect the shoe and go over every part. Couple of friends of mine asked me why I would do that though :blush:.

https://vekla.store

Free sneaker care set with every pre-order placed!

Vekla_Journey_Model_3 copy.jpg

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
Almost 25% reached for the pre-order, thanks all for the support :fistbump:

Another, let's say 'unique view' of an early sample. The leatherboard heel counter is clearly visible here, as is the Margom sole. The steel shank is not visible in the picture, but it's there. Upper material, lining, padding and design changed a lot since this sample (this is also not the same colour navy as the current sneakers).

I am actually thinking of doing a video where I cut one of the early samples in half on a bandsaw, dissect the shoe and go over every part. Couple of friends of mine asked me why I would do that though :blush:.

https://vekla.store

Free sneaker care set with every pre-order placed!

View attachment 1362170
How's the clothing brand progressing Tom?

Vadim T

Reaction score
Almost 25% reached for the pre-order, thanks all for the support
Oh, sorry Tom, :(
September is too long, considering that I will receive them in October, I won’t be able to use sneakers until May 2021.
This is a very long time, I am not mentally prepared for such a time-stretched purchases.
Hopefully 46 size will be in stock in a year.
At the moment my favorite Vekla | Navy Suede II
For fun, can you play around in photoshop and make a navy suede with a brown sole, a brown suede with a navy sole?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, sorry Tom, :(
September is too long, considering that I will receive them in October, I won’t be able to use sneakers until May 2021.
This is a very long time, I am not mentally prepared for such a time-stretched purchases.
Hopefully 46 size will be in stock in a year.
At the moment my favorite Vekla | Navy Suede II
For fun, can you play around in photoshop and make a navy suede with a brown sole, a brown suede with a navy sole?
September is a long wait, I definitely agree with you on that. If I could have launched the sneakers sooner, I would have, but I wanted them to be perfect. If Corona hadn't hit, a delivery date before the factory closes in August might have been possible, but now I can't make such promises. I hope the situation in Italy takes a turn for the better very soon.

The Navy suede II was included last-minute, and actually is now the best selling model behind the off-white, so I am very happy I decided to include it. I might stock size 46, although for now it's pre-order only.

Sure, I can do that, I'll upload here when I get around to it.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been receiving a couple of questions with regards to the sneakers. Keep the questions coming, I'm happy to answer them:

- The all-navy version is made on a navy rubber sole, some people confuse it for black in the pictures.

- I will take pictures of the actual heels ASAP

- The soles used are Margom 'Serena' soles. The two most popular options from Margom are the Sisso sole, and the Serena. The Serena is the higher of the two. The last is made in such a way that the wall of the sole curls inwards, and is almost pulled on top of the toe. There are examples of the Serena sole where the sole is almost straight with the toebox sticking out, but here this is not the case:

Vekla_Sneaker_Chocolate_Closeup.jpg

Vekla_Sneaker_Off_white_Closeup.jpg

TheOxfordShoe

Reaction score
These are gorgeous examples, Tom. I’m enthralled by the Off White, but alas, the current state of affairs has forced me to tighten my belt quite a bit. Hopefully soon - wish you all the luck with this project, it is a beautiful launch 👍🏼

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.