• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
for Styleforum members, I'll happily do it on all GMTO and MTO, not RTW as that would take me too far :)

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tomorrow at 15:00 CET the pre-order for the Vekla sneakers will launch.

These are difficult times, and I must admit I had my doubts about launching the project at this time. However, I believe that nothing good will come from me postponing the launch. It would only result in even more hardship and sorrow. I believe it is vital now to support the economy, both brick and mortar stores and online brands.

The factory in Italy has also given me the green light to launch the collection, and are in agreement with the delivery date. It is also in their interest that they are able to pick up where they left off before the crisis, as quickly as possible. Luckily, the factory is in a region in Italy where the problem is less severe.

I am finishing an important piece of the website, one where I will detail the entire journey of creating these sneakers, start to finish. I have attached a preview below. I hope you're all as excited as I am.

Stay safe everyone!

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 16.08.41.png

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am super excited to present to you, a year of hard work:

SonsOfHenrey-00012-IG.jpg

I have poured my heart into the sneaker project, and the end result speaks for itself. A unique, elegant and high quality sneaker at an amazing price. I will report back shortly with some more information, but wanted you guys to be the first to see it. Enjoy the website, the journal that I spoke of in my previous post will be published on Sunday.

Proleet

Reaction score
I am super excited to present to you, a year of hard work:

View attachment 1361382

I have poured my heart into the sneaker project, and the end result speaks for itself. A unique, elegant and high quality sneaker at an amazing price. I will report back shortly with some more information, but wanted you guys to be the first to see it. Enjoy the website, the journal that I spoke of in my previous post will be published on Sunday.
very cool! Not a sneaker person myself (in fact I have none) but oddly enough still somewhat tempted..

Spencerism

Reaction score
Happy launch day, Tom!

Order placed! You made it a bit of a challenge to narrow down my final choice with those starter models :cool:

Likely a waaay too early wish, but throw my hat in the ring for a future Vekla Off White Suede.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
very cool! Not a sneaker person myself (in fact I have none) but oddly enough still somewhat tempted..
Me neither, but I'm definitely keeping some for myself ;) .

Happy launch day, Tom!

Order placed! You made it a bit of a challenge to narrow down my final choice with those starter models :cool:

Likely a waaay too early wish, but throw my hat in the ring for a future Vekla Off White Suede.
Thank you M., much appreciated! I believe you picked out the all-time favorite (so far).

I'll have a look at what colours are available, I even think I have a sample that's close.

Thank you J. :cheers:!

Sfroide3

Reaction score
From the pictures it seems that you are using margom soles, correct ? If so, you should add that on description. Sneakers aficionados love that. I remember that Great was building their sneaks with margom soles first before moving to a lesser quality in-house sole.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
From the pictures it seems that you are using margom soles, correct ? If so, you should add that on description. Sneakers aficionados love that. I remember that Great was building their sneaks with margom soles first before moving to a lesser quality in-house sole.
Correct, Margom rubber soles. It's mentioned in the text but I'll see if I can make it more clear. Thanks for the tip!

TokenMao

Reaction score
These look great! Definitely going to place an order. Do you have any sizing guidance whether that's relative to dress shoes or relative to other minimalist sneakers like CPs?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These look great! Definitely going to place an order. Do you have any sizing guidance whether that's relative to dress shoes or relative to other minimalist sneakers like CPs?
Sizing to SOH is currently TTS: if you are a size UK8 or UK8.5 in SOH then take a 42.

Sizing relative to CPs is also exactly the same, 42 in CP is 42 in Vekla. CP has changed their sizing a couple of times since their first sneaker more than 10 years ago, but that's based on recent sizing.

I have a friend who sizes as an exact 10UK in SoH, and he is a 44 in CP and Vekla.

TokenMao

Reaction score
Sizing to SOH is currently TTS: if you are a size UK8 or UK8.5 in SOH then take a 42.

Sizing relative to CPs is also exactly the same, 42 in CP is 42 in Vekla. CP has changed their sizing a couple of times since their first sneaker more than 10 years ago, but that's based on recent sizing.

I have a friend who sizes as an exact 10UK in SoH, and he is a 44 in CP and Vekla.
Thank you. Just placed an order, very excited!

winghus

Reaction score

You have Lorem ipsum stand-in text if you click on sizing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.