• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I have a pair of EB button boots with peccary, but it was used for the shaft/buttons portion of the boots. The leather is super supple, as a good friend had described it to me, it's like wearing a pair of warm fuzzy slippers. I can't imagine that leather being used for an entire shoe/boot. I've heard the same thing from the skoak team as well that they would not use that leather for an entire shoe/boot.

I've seen Kirby Allison with a pair of pigskin loafers on his channel and that leather appears to be totally different from peccary.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of EB button boots with peccary, but it was used for the shaft/buttons portion of the boots. The leather is super supple, as a good friend had described it to me, it's like wearing a pair of warm fuzzy slippers. I can't imagine that leather being used for an entire shoe/boot. I've heard the same thing from the skoak team as well that they would not use that leather for an entire shoe/boot.

I've seen Kirby Allison with a pair of pigskin loafers on his channel and that leather appears to be totally different from peccary.
I know Gravati makes a peccary loafer, and that’s a great use of peccary.

you have me thinking... a Galway style boot with a peccary shaft might be my new need to find!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Received an email today from the factory, there are talks about raising the price for production. At the moment, I pay a certain price for the production of my shoes, calculated without the leather (because I supply the leather). Lately, I have noticed that the leather that I sent didn't always provide the yield I expected (mistakes in cutting the uppers, or too many shoes that broke during lasting), so this was already cutting into my margin.

The new project at 250-275€ was calculated on a larger volume, but with a decent yield for the leather that I send in and a production price that was not higher than what I am paying now (if anything, slightly lower due to the higher volumes and less complicated production run).

I will need to make some kind of decision here soon. Most probably the wingtip in Badalassi Carlo Minerva will be put up as a GMTO, but for now I am holding off on the other models. I am even contemplating changing the factory for this shoe line only (so not for Sons of Henrey).

Just thought I'd share!

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received an email today from the factory, there are talks about raising the price for production. At the moment, I pay a certain price for the production of my shoes, calculated without the leather (because I supply the leather). Lately, I have noticed that the leather that I sent didn't always provide the yield I expected (mistakes in cutting the uppers, or too many shoes that broke during lasting), so this was already cutting into my margin.

The new project at 250-275€ was calculated on a larger volume, but with a decent yield for the leather that I send in and a production price that was not higher than what I am paying now (if anything, slightly lower due to the higher volumes and less complicated production run).

I will need to make some kind of decision here soon. Most probably the wingtip in Badalassi Carlo Minerva will be put up as a GMTO, but for now I am holding off on the other models. I am even contemplating changing the factory for this shoe line only (so not for Sons of Henrey).

Just thought I'd share!
thank you for being transparent, was the new project planned to be made in the same factory where SoH is being made?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
:fistbump: thank you!

For those that still want to join this GMTO, cutting will start soon so I can still swoop in a couple of orders, just let me know:

Cortès Adelaide Oxford:

Adelaide.jpg

In Sienna Hatch Grain:

horween_-_russia_hatch_-_sienna.jpg

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally joined the SoH club, placed an order for Sienna Hatchgrain Cortes. :)
Nice!

I want to join the SoH club so bad but I think I'm going to stay out for a bit, the $USD/MXN has gone up 30% and so does the euro vs MXN that well, it takes time to get used to a hit of that magnitude. :-(

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I want to join the SoH club so bad but I think I'm going to stay out for a bit, the $USD/MXN has gone up 30% and so does the euro vs MXN that well, it takes time to get used to a hit of that magnitude. :-(
I hear you A but you've gotta get in on this makeup. I actually thought of your color palette/wardrobe when this was proposed and that sold me on getting a pair!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure!

Cortès Adelaide Oxford (image above)
Horween Sienna Hatch Grain (image above)
Single leather sole, bevelled edge
Antique edge finish
Price: 375€ incl. VAT or 309.92€ excl. VAT for non-EU customers

Delivery time: very difficult to predict at the moment, but let's say 3 months from now at least.

Burnishing and/or high shine optional without cost
Rubber topy and/or metal toe tip optional at 18€ incl. VAT per option or 14.87€ excl. VAT

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure!

Cortès Adelaide Oxford (image above)
Horween Sienna Hatch Grain (image above)
Single leather sole, bevelled edge
Antique edge finish
Price: 375€ incl. VAT or 309.92€ excl. VAT for non-EU customers

Delivery time: very difficult to predict at the moment, but let's say 3 months from now at least.

Burnishing and/or high shine optional without cost
Rubber topy and/or metal toe tip optional at 18€ incl. VAT per option or 14.87€ excl. VAT
when do we need to tell you about burnishing or high shine?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
when do we need to tell you about burnishing or high shine?
At the very end, I do this by hand as an option for all customers. The factory can do this too, however I have noticed that some people prefer, and others do not.

op131

Reaction score
Hello Tom,

Is this just for this GMTO, or will it be an option for any future SoH GMTO/pre-orders?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.