• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch

Is it possible to maintain an archive of all models that you have produced at the SoH website. It would help with MTO and GMTO ideas.
To be honest, I don't even keep track of the different models that are produced. I don't have a database, but agree it's a good idea. With a permanent photo studio in the office (setting this up this weekend) this will be easier.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is a beauty. No question about it. I would undoubtedly take this one on a grained leather.
Me too... +1

@Notch ... count me in for this one
Oct. Tenth usually has access to oxblood hatchgrain, if that's something you'd like (currently out of stock but a re-order has been placed). Sienna hatch grain is also in stock.

Sienna:

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 09.21.27.png

Oxblood:

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 09.21.06.png

aj2603

Reaction score

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch can we do JFJ baker grain on this? Even the nightshade from EG could be nice.
JFJ Baker grain will be available through Oct. Tenth, probably as GMTO first, MTO later on. It's a very expensive leather (but well worth it IMHO), and shipping also isn't cheap.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
+4 @Notch. I have been crying out for a Burgundy or Oxblood so I would be extremely interested in that.
You can count me in for the GMTO.

We are referring to the most recent rounded picture or the soft square from their site OR both?

I ordered a shoe with that leather but still have not received it. Considering I still have no first-hand experience with it, does that J&FJ Baker have reddish tones to it or is that a straight brown @Notch.

@Thilgela that Nightshade color that EG has is Bananas (at least from pictures). Unfortunately, I have not seen that in a grained leather so the Horween Oxblood is the next best thing I suppose.

Last edited:

op131

Reaction score
+4 @Notch. I have been crying for a Burgundy or Oxblood so I would be interested in that.
You can count me in on a make-up on that for a GMTO.
We are referring to the most recent rounded picture or the soft square from their site OR both?

I ordered a shoe with that leather but still have not received it. Considering I still have no first-hand experience with it, does that J&FJ Baker have reddish tones to it or is that a straight brown @Notch.

@Thilgela that Nightshade color that EG has is Bananas (at least from pictures). Unfortunately, I have not seen that in a grained leather so the Horween Oxblood is the next best thing I suppose.
Do we need a fifth, or are we good to go?
Hoping it's on the round last, otherwise I'd be out.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Do we need a fifth, or are we good to go?
Hoping it's on the round last, otherwise I'd be out.
I thought it was 6 we required. Although thus far we verbally have 4 so we could be done.

I was under the impression more people wanted to be in on the Burgundy/Oxblood HW SpTD.
My guess the sizing could be the deterrent. We have to touch base with Tom's father haha.

Oh and the last picture posted had SoH as a reference label. So it should be the rounded one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.