• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LMAO. i never heard of SWMBO until now. Thought i was the only one here!!!
I've been having to ship my purchases to a friends place, then pick them up and keep them at work until a time comes when i can get home without her and before her to store in the closet.
Yeah sometimes I feel like I should be in the Bourne series. "Trend"stone never seemed so relevant.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. You've put in the work and differentiated your brand from the many others in this now crowded space. I'm unsurprised that you're doing well. You've earned the success. Congratulations!
Was literally talking about this very same topic to a colleague. It seems to me within the last 18 to 24 months, there have been a plethora of new shoe companies popping up everywhere (SoH being one of those).

I guess there has been a resurgence in the interest for good men's shoes. More so for that well-informed cost conscious customer attempting to buy into what is now an oversaturated mid-market for men's shoes.
Which if we are being honest, this market segment truly offers the highest value in men's footwear.

The Contemporary Almond last and the George design (SpTD)
has really elevated SoH over most of these brands (the Cortés is right behind it though). This combination really does differentiate itself from almost anything out there at this price range.

Factor in, Tom is offering leathers found in the upper tier market (EG & GG come to mind), and similar construction (any NorthHampton brand, Carmina to name a few) at a lower price!!
Is there really any doubt SoH would be successful?

In the not so distant future, we may have to include SoH in the fitting discussion for sizing references... i.e. Carmina Rain, AE 65, Alden Barrie, Carlos Santos 234, GGMH73, EG 202,82.. etc, etc.

winghus

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is a lot of SWMBO going around these parts. Which typically involves a lot of sneaking around opening new shoe boxes in the dark and very quietly. :smarmy:
My biggest win in the battle was to introduce the wife to nicer shoes that actually fit her feet. While NAOT, Dansko and SAS aren't in the price range of my shoes, she has less leverage than before about money spent. She's in a whole different world now with better quality and better fit and almost understands my shoe collection. I also took her out several times last years to buy clothes for her and she felt guilty and told me to buy a pair of shoes. That's why I went in on the burgundy lama chukkas right after the Byron hatchgrain.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My biggest win in the battle was to introduce the wife to nicer shoes that actually fit her feet. While NAOT, Dansko and SAS aren't in the price range of my shoes, she has less leverage than before about money spent. She's in a whole different world now with better quality and better fit and almost understands my shoe collection. I also took her out several times last years to buy clothes for her and she felt guilty and told me to buy a pair of shoes. That's why I went in on the burgundy lama chukkas right after the Byron hatchgrain.
@winghus tell us more about how to get a women to approve of more shoes:worship:
The question is how do you do it without spending so much money.

ZRH1

Reaction score
@Notch: did I miss the images from the HW samples from China? I noticed some pages ago you mentioned the samples had arrived and you wanted to post soon, but alas I don't seem to find them...

Meyboom

Reaction score
Got my pair of Sienna Hatchgrain Byron boots. Tom did a great job with the burnishing. Love the fact that it has a gusseted tongue. My first reaction was WOW

View attachment 1341867
Thats not fair, you guys who live overseas got the boots quicker than me, and I live only 30 miles from SOH offices... Anyway great boots to look forward to 😁

op131

Reaction score
For those of you looking for side by side picture of SoH shoes on the almond and ER lasts, here's a family photo of my George pairs. All but one are on the CA last. Can you spot the intruder?

Georges.JPG

op131

Reaction score
Nope, the one in suede.
I've got all shades of brown covered, but sadly no navy or burgundy yet. Hopefully we get Tom to remedy for that! :)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, the one in suede.
I've got all shades of brown covered, but sadly no navy or burgundy yet. Hopefully we get Tom to remedy for that! :)
That is what I would like to remedy as well. A Burgundy leather shoe..in a SpTD configuration. :cool:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.