• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

winghus

Reaction score
Congrats on expanding to office space, it's a big step to sign a business lease with a new(ish) company. Put me in the Baker Russian Reindeer chukka conversation. I'm not promising, but I want the chance to get in if I can swing it past SWMBO.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you all, I'll be sure to update once everything is installed.

Congratulations Tom and here's to continued success 🍺. Have a Karmeliet or two for your troubles👍.
I'm one block away from the local Antwerp brewery De Koninck :wink:

>
Congrats Tom! Here's to your business expanding from the corner office to entire floor and then building! 🍷🍷🍷
Thank you! Some pictures from inside:

IMG_8563.jpgIMG_8567.jpg

evangel21

Reaction score
I've sent out PM's for the Cortès Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain and the Ambly Chukka boot in J&FJ Baker Russian Reindeer.

I would also like to ask:

Who is interested in the Cortès Adelaide Oxford in J&FJ Baker Russian Reindeer at 445€ excl. VAT? Please like this post or reply below.

This design:

View attachment 1340104

In this leather (Russian Reindeer from J&FJ Baker):

View attachment 1340105
This is very tempting. I'm already in the Sienna hatch grain Cortes chat but am now wondering if the Baker leather is a greater pull factor.

ShadyDorathy

Reaction score
So this is the exciting news I had to share! As of March 1st, I will be renting out my own office in the center of Antwerp. I'm ecstatic, as the new office will allow me to grow further, and I owe it all to you guys. Thank you all for your continued support :cheers: !

The office is a 90 square meter space on the second floor of an old Antwerp business unit. You should know that before this, Sons of Henrey has been a small enterprise run from my living room, which was a nightmare at times. Boxes stacked up everywhere, my photo studio dismantled and stored away in boxes, no dedicated space for fulfilling orders.

These last couple of week, I couldn't stop thinking about the endless list of opportunities a dedicated space provides: a permanent studio setup for taking pictures, large office tables for all of the different projects that are going on, a packing table for order fulfilment, more space to store inventory etc. etc.

View attachment 1340515
Congrats Tom,to the new office and your expanding business!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has the Cortes chat been set up? Don’t seem to have seen it.
Sorry, I missed a couple! I have included you in the chat now, you should be able to see the full conversation.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is very tempting. I'm already in the Sienna hatch grain Cortes chat but am now wondering if the Baker leather is a greater pull factor.
When the GMTO's close and arrive (not for a while of course but when), then I will probably use those shoes to take product pictures and launch a GMTO through the website. So if you decide to go for one, the other might be an option in the future.

(your safest bet might be to go for the Russian Reindeer now, as I think the lower priced Sienna hatch grain will be an easier GMTO to fill on the website, that's just me idea).

greenhouse

Reaction score
So this is the exciting news I had to share! As of March 1st, I will be renting out my own office in the center of Antwerp. I'm ecstatic, as the new office will allow me to grow further, and I owe it all to you guys. Thank you all for your continued support :cheers: !

The office is a 90 square meter space on the second floor of an old Antwerp business unit. You should know that before this, Sons of Henrey has been a small enterprise run from my living room, which was a nightmare at times. Boxes stacked up everywhere, my photo studio dismantled and stored away in boxes, no dedicated space for fulfilling orders.

These last couple of week, I couldn't stop thinking about the endless list of opportunities a dedicated space provides: a permanent studio setup for taking pictures, large office tables for all of the different projects that are going on, a packing table for order fulfilment, more space to store inventory etc. etc.

View attachment 1340515
Excellent. You've put in the work and differentiated your brand from the many others in this now crowded space. I'm unsurprised that you're doing well. You've earned the success. Congratulations!

evangel21

Reaction score
When the GMTO's close and arrive (not for a while of course but when), then I will probably use those shoes to take product pictures and launch a GMTO through the website. So if you decide to go for one, the other might be an option in the future.

(your safest bet might be to go for the Russian Reindeer now, as I think the lower priced Sienna hatch grain will be an easier GMTO to fill on the website, that's just me idea).
I don't have a pair in either leather so both appeals to me. Would you say the Russian Reindeer might be too coarse in texture for an adelaide? Of course it is subjective.

Congratulations on your new office! Many more success to you in the future!

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget the terminology for a moment--Hand welted, Goodyear welted, etc.. Anyone who really, intimately, knows how shoes are made knows that at bottom, Goodyear was originally invented to emulate / masquerade as handwelted (at a fraction of the time and cost). Yet at every step in the process the techniques and the materials typically used in GY are, all other things being equal, demonstrably inferior to the same techniques and materials used in HW...both in terms of structural soundness and potential longevity. And in the intervening years the quality, techniques, and materials used in GY have been further compromised...even from the original conception.

Given that, if we put aside such subjective and specious concepts as "value" and "bang for the buck" etc., the best objective quality is, all other things being equal, undoubtedly HW.

Demonstrably.
What kind of money would you be charging for HW. .

winghus

Reaction score
Does anyone have SoH shoes in both Elegant round and Contemporary Almond that they wouldn't mind posting a pic from above of them side by side?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.