• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

TheOxfordShoe

Reaction score
I believe we should be able to reach 6 for the Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain, which is great because it's going to be a stunner. I would propose that we discuss further in private message, so:

If anyone who's interested in the Cortès Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain at 309€ excl. VAT could please either 'like' this post, or respond below, I will add you to the group chat.

@wdrenth , @Betelgeuse , @shue1726 , @vriche , @autoportrait , @greenhouse , @Pbayvip , @heldentenor , @Proleet , @evangel21 , @RickyTakhar, @Flake

View attachment 1339193

In this leather:

View attachment 1339194

After I have ironed out the final details with Baker and the workshop in China, we can get a GMTO on the rails in the Baker Reindeer.
Looks lovely. An Adelaide is sorely missing from my wardrobe and this would be a great start. What’s the ETA likely on this @Notch?

TheOxfordShoe

Reaction score
Also, would the Baker’s on the Adelaide bump up the price by €175, hypothetically speaking? (Assuming there’s was any interest in the Adelaide on the Bakers at all).

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks lovely. An Adelaide is sorely missing from my wardrobe and this would be a great start. What’s the ETA likely on this @Notch?
ETA is difficult to say. Three months from placing the ordere, approximately. That brings us to end of May if we can finalise the order in February.

Also, would the Baker’s on the Adelaide bump up the price by €175, hypothetically speaking? (Assuming there’s was any interest in the Adelaide on the Bakers at all).
Hypothetically, yes;

I received a quote for the leather from Baker direct, which was almost exactly the same as from their agent. Shipping is similar too, so the Baker leather price is pretty fixed at 175.00€ for now.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch how did those Chinese HW shoes come out? Satisfied with the product thus far, or do you have to make more modifications to the last?
They were amazing. Really. One pair was a sample I made for my dad, for fitting purposes as he's a true 9.5UK, and they're now in his suitcase for a trip to London. No break in-need, he'll be wearing them all through London. I was able to snap a couple of quick pictures before he confiscated the shoes, I'll upload them shortly.

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is a list of people that I believe showed an interest for the Chukka in Baker Russian Reindeer: @greenhouse , @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes , @l33tcoder , @Proleet , @Pbayvip , @Jmr928

So, same question:

Who's interested in the Ambly Chukka boot in J&FJ Baker Russian Reindeer leather, at 445€ excl. VAT? Please like this post or reply below.

This model:

Sons_of_Henrey_FW19_Ambly_Snuff_Kudu_1200_Profile_1.jpg

In this leather:

bakers-russiancalf-brn-3-wm.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a list of people that I believe showed an interest for the Chukka in Baker Russian Reindeer: @greenhouse , @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes , @l33tcoder , @Proleet , @Pbayvip , @Jmr928

So, same question:

Who's interested in the Ambly Chukka boot in J&FJ Baker Russian Reindeer leather, at 445€ excl. VAT? Please like this post or reply below.

This model:

View attachment 1339338

In this leather:

View attachment 1339339
I was interested in the J&FJ Baker but in a Split Toe. Too many darn chukkas sadly. Although, I think most of the split toe folks also wanted the chukka (outside of myself).

Happy to hear that information regarding the HW shoes Tom. You sound quite enthusiastic which is very encouraging to the interested HW side of this thread 👍.

l33tcoder

Reaction score

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

greenhouse

Reaction score
Count me in. Good pricing. I'd prefer vibram's version of dainite, but will go with w/e the majority wants.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Adelaide is awesome! I need to decide if I want that one or the split toe. Can't take both. :(
If you want (or need) a more formal type shoe, go with the Adelaide. You can get away with wearing it to the office.

The Split toe is inherently more casual. The Baker's leather also comes across as a more rustic leather.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.