• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Well I guess us SpTD folks will have to wait on those "other" makeups. Which is no issue waiting to get the design and build right on the HW version.

I will just continue to wear my Georges while I wait 😊.

@Notch did they sweeten the deal over at Baker's for a direct purchase?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well I guess us SpTD folks will have to wait on those "other" makeups. Which is no issue waiting to get the design and build right on the HW version.

I will just continue to wear my Georges while I wait 😊.

@Notch did they sweeten the deal over at Baker's for a direct purchase?
Both the factory and I want to get it exactly right, thank you for your understanding!

Leather price was the same, I enquired about the cost to ship the leather to Shanghai but that's minimal compared to the price of the leather, so price will stay more or less the same. I must admit I overestimated the price of the leather per pair slightly, to be on the safe side. I'm not certain for example if import duties need to be paid on leather or anything, still checking this with the factory. The price quoted is the maximum price, could be lower in the end but for that I'll need to crunch the numbers more precisely.

Really excited about this leather though, I've had a sample on my desk from the very instant they developed it :laugh: , just so darn expensive.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
By all accounts, it very much emulates both physical properties and sensory characteristics of the vintage Reindeer leather. I guess that justifies the higher price in their estimations.

Well it isn't like I do not have enough shoes to wait a few months, or several decades in my case haha.

Jmr928

Reaction score
I believe we're getting close for the Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain, the GYW Chukka is also gaining some traction.

Perhaps we can proceed as follows:

1) Try to fund the GYW Sienna hatchgrain GMTO (6 required) and/or the GYW chukka in Baker's Russian Grain (5 required)

2) Hold off on the HW range for now, until I have sample pictures and until the factory and I have everything set up ready for production (perhaps we jumped the gun too soon on that one)

3) For next fall/winter, I will be placing an order with the Italian supplier of Inca leather, in which case I can include burgundy to fund a GMTO then. This will probably be towards mid-april.

What do you guys think?
In for the adelaide and chukka while we wait on HW. *prays wife doesn't find SF*

greenhouse

Reaction score
For the Chukka, I'd suggest either Elegant Round, or the newly developed 'Round' last. The name gives it away, it's simply a rounder version (but no less elegant :blush: )
What's the round look like? Probably would go with it.

Proleet

Reaction score
For the Chukka, I'd suggest either Elegant Round, or the newly developed 'Round' last. The name gives it away, it's simply a rounder version (but no less elegant :blush: )
although i am still maybe for the chukka I’d prefer the elegant round over a rounder last

(definitely in for the Adelaide)

Pbayvip

Reaction score
In for the adelaide and chukka. I would prefer the elegant round last for the chukka, but not a deal breaker - if the majority goes for the round last, I`m still in.

greenhouse

Reaction score
Round probably makes more sense for a chukka in j&f leather. That leather is pretty casual. I think a sleek chukka would look a bit off.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Will start saving up for when the HW STD becomes available. Currently in a cash crunch so the longer it takes to develop the better it'll be for me.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of sole are we looking at for the adelaides? I'd vote double leather or, if it's possible, Rendenbach.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%