• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Just to add one more reference, borrowing my friend's Cleverley bespoke using the salvaged Russian Reindeer
View attachment 1335919
Personally I feel Horween Hatch is more suited for this dressier model
I would agree with you. If we compare the Horween replica @RickyTakhar used for demonstration purposes, it makes this Cleverley look country.

Pbayvip

Reaction score
I would be in for the adelaide and the chukka which Tom proposed, but for now I would prefer GYW.
Nobody here has tried the chinese lasts, and because of that I feel that a group order at this stage is very risky.
We could end up with shoes which are too small/big/tight, without the option to return or exchange them, and with no pedigree to sell them on the secondary market.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In for a GYW adelaide in Horween.

greenhouse

Reaction score
I would be in for the adelaide and the chukka which Tom proposed, but for now I would prefer GYW.
Nobody here has tried the chinese lasts, and because of that I feel that a group order at this stage is very risky.
We could end up with shoes which are too small/big/tight, without the option to return or exchange them, and with no pedigree to sell them on the secondary market.
I agree.

autoportrait

Reaction score
I talked this over with workshop in Shanghai, and asked for a more precise quote for the J&FJ baker leather (with shipping) to the supplier.

From what I can see:

1) GYW Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain from Horween: this should be a stellar model, and I'd be happy to do a GMTO on it. Price around 375€ incl. VAT / 309€ excl. VAT. Minimum of 6 needed.

This model, the Cortès Adelaide, in Sienna Hatch Grain:

View attachment 1335712

2) GYW chukka boot in J&FJ Baker Russian reindeer: I believe there was some interest here as well, price-wise we're looking at 535€ incl. VAT or 445€ excl. VAT. Minimum of 5 needed.

3) GYW George STD with regular stitched vamp in J&FJ Baker Russian Reindeer, same as the above, 525€ incl. VAT or 435€ excl. VAT. Minimum of 5 needed.

Then, for the hand-welted options, I have talked to the factory in Shanghai and we have decided that it is best if I first test-drive the current samples, then give feedback on last shape, fit and overal construction of the shoe, before jumping head first into a GMTO (especially as it's with such expensive leather).

The HW factory does have access to Horween Sienna, and I can supply them with the J&FJ Baker leather. So there is an option there, just not right now. Price wise (please take these prices with a big pinch of salt)n, we're looking at:

4) Hand welted Split Toe Derby with hand stitched apron in Horween Sienna would come down to:
- 515€ excl. VAT on Dainite sole​
- 545€ excl. VAT on leather sole​

5) For the J&FJ Baker, I'd say we will need to add at least 180€ excl. VAT for a total of around 725€ excl. VAT on leather sole and 695€ excl. VAT on Dainite sole.

In terms of Burgundy then, Alpine, Inca, Horween and Scotchgrain are in the running, but for Alpine and Inca I'd need to place a larger order with the supplier. So that's definitely a more difficult GMTO to set up.

I'm in for #1

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe we're getting close for the Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain, the GYW Chukka is also gaining some traction.

Perhaps we can proceed as follows:

1) Try to fund the GYW Sienna hatchgrain GMTO (6 required) and/or the GYW chukka in Baker's Russian Grain (5 required)

2) Hold off on the HW range for now, until I have sample pictures and until the factory and I have everything set up ready for production (perhaps we jumped the gun too soon on that one)

3) For next fall/winter, I will be placing an order with the Italian supplier of Inca leather, in which case I can include burgundy to fund a GMTO then. This will probably be towards mid-april.

What do you guys think?

shue1726

Reaction score
Count me in for the Sienna Adelaide. Are all SOH shoes gonna be made via the China shoemaker in future?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Count me in for the Sienna Adelaide. Are all SOH shoes gonna be made via the China shoemaker in future?
The Chinese maker is a side-project, for the love of handwelted shoes and for the fact that it goes together with my view on menswear and shoes. It will also be co-branded as a seperate line.

Production for Sons of Henrey remains in Spain.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wanted to let you all know that on March 7, in Amsterdam, there will be the first edition of the Amsterdam Supertrunk. This is set up by Jesper from shoegazing who you all will know (@j ingevaldsson) together with Bas van Exter from the Shoecare shop. Some info about the event:

On March 7, 2020 The ShoeCare-Shop and Shoegazing will be hosting the first edition of the Amsterdam Super Trunk Show. After Stockholm and London, Amsterdam is the next city where this event in cooperation with Shoegazing will take place. It will be a day brimming with shoe brands from all around Europe and even Asia. This exclusive event originally created by Shoegazing.com, the biggest online blog for quality dress shoes, will be held for the first time in The Netherlands this year, and we will take part as well. The show takes place at the Cristofori Concert Hall at the Prinsengracht in the historic centre of Amsterdam. With the following brands we are sure that the event will be great success: Edward Green, TLB Mallorca, Magnanni, Crockett & Jones, Sons of Henrey, Bridlen, Skolyx, Arturo, Van Bommel, Patrick Frei & Kazuya Kimura. Partners of the show are: Saphir, Zwartjes, The Hand, NEW TAILOR, Dumco, Amidé Hadelin, YVRA, Besnard La Haye and The Playing Circle.

The Amsterdam Super Trunk Show, will also be host to the Dutch Championship shoe shining. Can you mirror shine a brand new Magnanni shoe within 20 minutes using only two waxes by Saphir Médaille d'Or? Then be sure to enter as a contestant (Dutch residents only). The winner goes home with a pair of shoes, a shoe care set by Saphir Médaille d'Or and the right to claim being the best shoe shiner of the Netherlands for a whole year.

The event is open for everyone, free of charge, however we appreciate if you register as visitor via our website. There is also the possibility to get a VIP treatment (Rise, Shine & Drinks tickets) with early access to the venue to check out the shoes first with coffee and a bite and an invitation for the drinks from 16.00, and also get a free shoe shine by The ShoeCare-Shop staff and a shoecare kit from Saphir (value €30). For more info about the event and tickets go to: www.shoecare-shop.eu/AmsterdamSupertrunk

Saturday March 7, from 11:00 till 17:00, Dutch Championship shoe shining will be held at 14:00. Prinsengracht 583-V, Amsterdam

Flyer-ASTS-NL-back.jpg

Amsterdam Banner 2020.jpg

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I wanted to let you all know that on March 7, in Amsterdam, there will be the first edition of the Supertrunk. This is set up by Jesper from shoegazing who you all will know (@j ingevaldsson) together with Bas van Exter from the Shoecare shop. Some info about the event:

On March 7, 2020 The ShoeCare-Shop and Shoegazing will be hosting the first edition of the Amsterdam Super Trunk Show. After Stockholm and London, Amsterdam is the next city where this event in cooperation with Shoegazing will take place. It will be a day brimming with shoe brands from all around Europe and even Asia. This exclusive event originally created by Shoegazing.com, the biggest online blog for quality dress shoes, will be held for the first time in The Netherlands this year, and we will take part as well. The show takes place at the Cristofori Concert Hall at the Prinsengracht in the historic centre of Amsterdam. With the following brands we are sure that the event will be great success: Edward Green, TLB Mallorca, Magnanni, Crockett & Jones, Sons of Henrey, Bridlen, Skolyx, Arturo, Van Bommel, Patrick Frei & Kazuya Kimura. Partners of the show are: Saphir, Zwartjes, The Hand, NEW TAILOR, Dumco, Amidé Hadelin, YVRA, Besnard La Haye and The Playing Circle.

The Amsterdam Super Trunk Show, will also be host to the Dutch Championship shoe shining. Can you mirror shine a brand new Magnanni shoe within 20 minutes using only two waxes by Saphir Médaille d'Or? Then be sure to enter as a contestant (Dutch residents only). The winner goes home with a pair of shoes, a shoe care set by Saphir Médaille d'Or and the right to claim being the best shoe shiner of the Netherlands for a whole year.

The event is open for everyone, free of charge, however we appreciate if you register as visitor via our website. There is also the possibility to get a VIP treatment (Rise, Shine & Drinks tickets) with early access to the venue to check out the shoes first with coffee and a bite and an invitation for the drinks from 16.00, and also get a free shoe shine by The ShoeCare-Shop staff and a shoecare kit from Saphir (value €30). For more info about the event and tickets go to: www.shoecare-shop.eu/AmsterdamSupertrunk

Saturday March 7, from 11:00 till 17:00, Dutch Championship shoe shining will be held at 14:00. Prinsengracht 583-V, Amsterdam

View attachment 1336135

View attachment 1336134
Very much looking forward to the event!

op131

Reaction score
I believe we're getting close for the Adelaide in Sienna Hatch Grain, the GYW Chukka is also gaining some traction.

1) Try to fund the GYW Sienna hatchgrain GMTO (6 required) and/or the GYW chukka in Baker's Russian Grain (5 required)

2) Hold off on the HW range for now, until I have sample pictures and until the factory and I have everything set up ready for production (perhaps we jumped the gun too soon on that one)

3) For next fall/winter, I will be placing an order with the Italian supplier of Inca leather, in which case I can include burgundy to fund a GMTO then. This will probably be towards mid-april.

What do you guys think?
Hi Tom,

I'm in for #3, ETA not a problem.

Betelgeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
Do you have a sketch of the Adelaide?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 82 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 152 32.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 137 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 10 2.1%