• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Took delivery of some chrome-free tanned suede from CF Stead on Friday, and the colours are simply spectacular. Radiant, vibrant, stunning to look at. Will turn these in a couple of samples for the new project / crowdfunder to launch March 1st (fingers crossed). Last and patterns have been confirmed so all that's left are the final prototypes.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks too thin.
Thickness is 1.4/1.6mm and 1.6/1.8mm, so it's actually not that thin at all, definitely not for a lined Goodyear welted shoe. Once you go over 2mm you're getting into unlined territory, and below 1.4 you're leaning towards sneakers (1.2/1.4mm) and lighter shoes for ladies (1.2mm and less).

But I see why the picture might make it look thinner than it is.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Vadim T

As this is a new product I had CF Stead ship the items to me first, and I will send it to the factory after my approval. It's more cumbersome, costs more and requires a bit more time, but I wouldn't use it if can't confirm quality.

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
@Vadim T

As this is a new product I had CF Stead ship the items to me first, and I will send it to the factory after my approval. It's more cumbersome, costs more and requires a bit more time, but I wouldn't use it if can't confirm quality.
Is it possible to still purchase the loafers on group order?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Notch , how do we know if the group orders are funded or not and when they are going into production, specifically asking for the hatch grain chukka..

Vadim T

Reaction score
Thickness is 1.4/1.6mm and 1.6/1.8mm, so it's actually not that thin at all, definitely not for a lined Goodyear welted shoe. Once you go over 2mm you're getting into unlined territory, and below 1.4 you're leaning towards sneakers (1.2/1.4mm) and lighter shoes for ladies (1.2mm and less).

But I see why the picture might make it look thinner than it is.
Yes, I completely forgot about sneakers.
Tom, I want to take this opportunity to offer a model of sneakers- Belgian double monk sneakers
I remind and repeat, the Belgian :tongue:3344_hd-scaled.jpg71b+GTGfadL._UL1500_.jpgSUPERGLAMOUROUS_TANGERINE7_BRUSHED__NAVY_SKATE_3.jpg

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
Tom, any updates on the gmto's back from early december? Curious about the burgundy Lama chukkas, but also the general timeline for gmto completion with the factory.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tom, any updates on the gmto's back from early december? Curious about the burgundy Lama chukkas, but also the general timeline for gmto completion with the factory.
GMTO's are due by the end of March, I'll provide an update at the end of February.

General timeline for smaller production runs is 2 to 2.5 months, sometimes less, sometimes more. The fact that I often visit the factory helps, as then I can push things a little bit. Production itself isn't the issue , as they can make a shoe in 10 days, but it's the planning and logistics that take time.

Delands

Reaction score
I'm mostly a lurker here on the forum, but I wanted to give a shout-out to @Notch for a great product and great customer service!

He helped me on sizing, had quick delivery and was very responsive. Unfortunately, sizing didn't work out, as the last is too narrow for my feet, but the shoes were beautiful and looked to be excellent quality for the price.

I'll be looking forward to new styles coming out in the future, that hopefully will fit me better.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm mostly a lurker here on the forum, but I wanted to give a shout-out to @Notch for a great product and great customer service!

He helped me on sizing, had quick delivery and was very responsive. Unfortunately, sizing didn't work out, as the last is too narrow for my feet, but the shoes were beautiful and looked to be excellent quality for the price.

I'll be looking forward to new styles coming out in the future, that hopefully will fit me better.
Thank you for your kind comments, and nice to see you here on the forum!

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Getting there! Sleek, clean and tight. The eyelet stay makes a gradual slope, which elongates the shape visually, different from the sometimes clunky shape I often see with other sneakers. The version you see here is not white by the way, but off white with an off white (Glassa) sole.

Will be available for pre-order from March 1st, Styleforum members will of course be getting a nice deal once these go live. Price is yet to be confirmed by the factory in Italy, but will be between 180€ and 200€.

I'm working on final prototypes in different variations of calf leather and suede, once I have those the pre-orders can go live.

Some specifications for now:

- Made in Italy​
- Last designed by Springline, together with the last maker the factory uses. I've been working with Springline for a while, more and more with Sonny now, the son of Michael James who is one of the managing partners at Springline, and we seem to be on the same page when it comes to last aesthetics.​
- Vegetable tanned leather lining​
- Metal-free tanned upper*​
- Leatherboard (salpa) heel counter (!)​
- Margom rubber sole (some styles will use 20% recycled rubber and we are looking to increase this percentage towards the future)​
- Bio cotton laces from one of the top suppliers in Italy (hopefully they will be able to supply in other colours than off-white, also for smaller quantities, but I'm working on that)​
- Made by, hands down, the best factory I could find. I know a lot of people here know me well, and I don't say these things as a marketing gimmick.​

*Not all of the leathers will be metal-free, the leathers that are not will be supplied by a tannery with a boatload of certifications. I'll disclose the suppliers once final samples are in.

Vsneaker.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.4%
  • 8”

Votes: 138 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%