• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
HW STD with handsewn apron and handstiched toe may happen in the foreseeable future. It will of course cost more.
@Notch already had mentioned it was in the works. I figured the easiest component of that configuration would be the handsewn apron. That would be sweet to have the maiden voyage be on a Burgundy grained SpTD (HW or GYW).

So this is my semi-discreet method of putting it out in the virtual universe.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I’d vote for a cordovan handstitch and handwelt. In brown/bourbon shell
Hey hey @Thilgela let's worry about the Burgundy grain first. We'll get to the Shell when we get to the Shell**

@Notch do not be surprised to have a few of these fellas (@Proleet, @Kangnamstyles, @vriche , @masernaut, @laufer) raise an eyebrow for an Inca or Alpine grain Burgundy SpTD (Utah of worse came to worst). I may have to do a little lobbying for that handsewn apron but that's what DMing is for 🤣.

** Put me down for the shell**

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Couple of quick pictures from today:

Burgundy penny loafer:

DSC_2618_1.jpg

Bitter chocolate suede tassel loafer (Opera reverse suede):

DSC_2614_1.jpg

Couple of random Almansa pictures:

DSC_2530_1.jpg

DSC_2535_1.jpg

Pure vegetable tanned leather uppers being stitched:

DSC_2556_1.jpg

Last edited:

theh00d

Reaction score
^ Nice! wear mines as well today but w/ deep purple socks and grey donegal trousers lol

Now to decide if my first pair of loafers should be penny or suede tassel : (

Meyboom

Reaction score
Tom @Notch What is the return policy on the GMTOs? I could be tempted by a pair of those burgundy loafers but my high instep feet and loafer lasts are usually a difficult match. So there is a relatively high chance the last wont work for me. Is there a possibility of returning them in this case?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like Almansa is a nice place to visit.
Not to discourage you from going, but it isn't the most beautiful city. You could spend a couple of hours in the centre, and the food is very nice at a couple of restaurants, but I wouldn't go there if it weren't for the shoe factories.

Tom @Notch What is the return policy on the GMTOs? I could be tempted by a pair of those burgundy loafers but my high instep feet and loafer lasts are usually a difficult match. So there is a relatively high chance the last wont work for me. Is there a possibility of returning them in this case?
GMTO's can not be returned I'm afraid, although probably a couple of the GMTO's will be stock items (not the burgundy loafers though). The sample was made in a size 8.5UK, half a size too big for you I believe?

gbandi

Reaction score
Wish he could get walnut sienna hatch. Would love to see a George in lighter shade. Have too many dark shoes..

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maiden voyage. Very comfortable

need to ask Notch how he gets the mirror shine on the toes
I use dark brown and black Saphir polish, and their special 'mirror shine' polishes. Consecutive layers of wax polish and water, and a bit of patience.

That reminds me btw that I have to reply to your PM :blush:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%