• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

wdrenth

Reaction score
I would directly go with Dainite to maximize longevity and ease of use.
Interested in understanding if it's an option
I am also interested in the Frank derby, and also a preference for a Dainite sole and hope this option can be discussed.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I am also interested in the Frank derby, and also a preference for a Dainite sole and hope this option can be discussed.
I think I could live with dainite as well although it is not the most 'elegant' option for a shoe in a refined leather like the museum calf. No love for the city rubber sole either?

wdrenth

Reaction score
I think I could live with dainite as well although it is not the most 'elegant' option for a shoe in a refined leather like the museum calf. No love for the city rubber sole either?
For the Frank in Inca, I think Dainite matched really well with the leather and overall design of the shoe. Dainite will make the shoe somewhat more robust against the elements and (ab)use when biking through the Dutch weather.
Anyway, no objections against city rubber should that be the outcome! Let's also see what Tom thinks.

Meyboom

Reaction score
For the Frank in Inca, I think Dainite matched really well with the leather and overall design of the shoe. Dainite will make the shoe somewhat more robust against the elements and (ab)use when biking through the Dutch weather.
Anyway, no objections against city rubber should that be the outcome! Let's also see what Tom thinks.
Belgian weather is not that different from Dutch weather so I know what you're talking about 😉 But in my experience museum calf is not as suitable for bad weather as regular calf. Of course it can withstand some rain but the finish is a bit proner to stains.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Notch Great selection of loafers! I'm interested in the black penny.

How slim would you say the waist is? I do prefer a sleek shoe with slimmer waist e.g. G&G, J Fitzpatrick etc
It's not a fiddleback waist like G&G, but it's definitely still an elegant waist. On a size 8.5 I measure the width of the shoe at 10cm across the widest part, a waist of 6.2cm, and a heel of 7cm.

Fantastic looking pair of shoes. It a nice color pairing as well with those chinos/jeans?

Now we definitely have to get a GMTO going for a pair of either Burgundy Alpine or Inca grain almond lasted shoes (yes I know these are English grain brown shoes but the last offers nice inspiration 👌).

Boys and Girls if you are listening to this service announcement....Come one come all to the Son's of Henrey late fall......GMTO in the handsewn apron upper 😉.
Burgundy alpine grain is a bit tricky to source, as my supplier requires a 10 square meter minimum for any order. It can be split over different leathers, and I had one SF member interested in a lighter version of the Horween hatch grain (@Proleet). Perhaps I can upload his entire leather offering and see if we can fund some GMTO's?

You are speaking my language brother. An Inca grain would be sweet. I say Almond. You say Round. We both say Burgundy. At the end, I say let's get something going.
I'll upload some different options when I'm back in Belgium.

Are the suede tassel loafers going to be GMTO only or will there be regular stock in the near future?

Anyway can't wait to see the pics.
At the moment, to be honest, I haven't decided yet. I need to make up my mind soon, but with everything else that I have going on, I don't know yet what models will be RTW and what models won't. Probably I'll put something in production for the tassel loafer model, but I haven't decided on the actual specifications yet.

Damn! The loafer in Utah calf is gorgeous! Which size should I go?

Carmina Rain, Llubi, Inca: 9UK
Carmina Uetam: 9.5UK
C&J 348: 9UK
I'd go with size 9UK.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the Frank in walnut museum calf, yes I'd be happy to change it to rubber. In my opinion, I'd go with a Dainite sole as it will probably go best with the quarter brogue design.

@Braid , @Meyboom , @wdrenth

Vadim T

Reaction score
Probably I'll put something in production for the tassel loafer model, but I haven't decided on the actual specifications yet.
I also wonder what the tassel loafers look like.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shortwing derby?
Correct. Edge skiving, brogueing and gimping is next, then stitching. Due to a small error when they first cut out the pieces for the cap, they needed to be re-cut. With a bit of luck I'll have a picture of the lasted model tomorrow before I have to leave.

Braid

Reaction score
For the Frank in walnut museum calf, yes I'd be happy to change it to rubber. In my opinion, I'd go with a Dainite sole as it will probably go best with the quarter brogue design.

@Braid , @Meyboom , @wdrenth
Great :)

How would that work? Would you need 6 to move it to production?

Btw any update on the Byron GMTO from the factory?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great :)

How would that work? Would you need 6 to move it to production?

Btw any update on the Byron GMTO from the factory?
I'd probably put this model into production once we have 4 or 5, and included it in a larger order. I also receive interest through mail now and then, but usually orders are only placed when the deadline approaches (people have a hard time choosing I guess!).

I'll send an update about the boots in PM, they're in the stitching room as we speak and have been upgraded to 'muy urgente'.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Burgundy alpine grain is a bit tricky to source, as my supplier requires a 10 square meter minimum for any order. It can be split over different leathers, and I had one SF member interested in a lighter version of the Horween hatch grain (@Proleet). Perhaps I can upload his entire leather offering and see if we can fund some GMTO's?

I'll upload some different options when I'm back in Belgium.
Looking forward to that @Notch. I would say the Inca grain would also work in Burgundy if it is easier to source over the Alpine.
Both would be beautiful.
Who am I kidding... I would gladly take it in Utah grain as well.

Speaking of beautiful, any possibility we can also select a Handsewn apron this go around (I imagine at this stage in the game HW construction may be overzealous).

Have to do a Google search on the lighter colored Burgundy Horween. I forgot what that looks like in relation to the Alpine & Inca grains.

Last edited:

WilYa

Reaction score
Looking forward to that @Notch. I would say the Inca grain would also work in Burgundy if it is easier to source over the Alpine.
Both would be beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, any possibility we can also select a Handsewn apron this go around (I imagine at this stage in the game HW construction may be overzealous).

Have to do a Google search on the lighter colored Burgundy Horween. I forgot what that looks likes in relation to the Alpine & Inca grains.
HW STD with handsewn apron and handstiched toe may happen in the foreseeable future. It will of course cost more.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%