• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

gbandi

Reaction score
@Braid : Weinheimer is the German tannery that supplies the black calf leather. The model is a new model, on Soft Square last, and will be available as a GMTO next week.
Any other new GMTO next week?

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nowhere near as good as your videos, but I did my best. Editing is a pain in the ass though.
Man, editing is the worst but I do enjoy it. It just takes a really long time.

Braid

Reaction score
@Braid : Weinheimer is the German tannery that supplies the black calf leather. The model is a new model, on Soft Square last, and will be available as a GMTO next week.
Thanks for the information, will this be available in black only?

Video are a great idea, it really provides a better perspective on the shoes. A lot of models that I didn't consider initially based on pictures are now growing on me.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, will this be available in black only?

Video are a great idea, it really provides a better perspective on the shoes. A lot of models that I didn't consider initially based on pictures are now growing on me.
Black only for next week's GMTO, but anything is possible when we find 6 people. I have other models planned for next RTW line-up, so GMTO is the only way to go at the moment.

I definitely get what you mean with video vs pictures. Had I known video was so easy to colour correct (especially if you shoot next to a window, then you only need to correct a minimal amount), I would have done it much longer.

The lama calf Oxfords for example, were very hard to capture on picture, but the video turned out great!

More videos being added (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04WtsrI0FcWJkJn7gG93kw/videos):

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 14.58.54.png

Braid

Reaction score
I watched all the videos uploaded so far, it's really addictive :D

@Notch what do you think of adding the related Youtube video in each product page on your website? I think it would help the customers to have a better understanding of the product and hopefully convince the undecided

gbandi

Reaction score
@Notch

how do we go about starting a GMTO?

would like to propose a George chukka
3 eyelet
Dainite sole
No storm welt..
Ebony Utah

Kangnamstyles

Reaction score
Black only for next week's GMTO, but anything is possible when we find 6 people. I have other models planned for next RTW line-up, so GMTO is the only way to go at the moment.

I definitely get what you mean with video vs pictures. Had I known video was so easy to colour correct (especially if you shoot next to a window, then you only need to correct a minimal amount), I would have done it much longer.

The lama calf Oxfords for example, were very hard to capture on picture, but the video turned out great!

More videos being added (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04WtsrI0FcWJkJn7gG93kw/videos):

View attachment 1284891
Love the videos Tom!

And...those branded shoe trees...are they coming in the future? :D :D :D

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Will the real Mink Suede please stand up? Another word, which color is the most accurate?View attachment 1285032View attachment 1285033View attachment 1285034
Haha good question, I have the George in mink suede and the colour does indeed change depending on light. The colour in the last picture is the most accurate imo. It is not as dark as the top picture and not as light as the middle one. It is a very versatile colour and looks really good on the foot.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha good question, I have the George in mink suede and the colour does indeed change depending on light. The colour in the last picture is the most accurate imo. It is not as dark as the top picture and not as light as the middle one. It is a very versatile colour and looks really good on the foot.
I was thinking that’s probably the case since that color is between the other 2 pictures. Thanks for your input.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with KangnamStyles--the shoe trees look great, and I'd love it if they became available.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40