• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 6: Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a $500 gift certificate Todd Shelton Gift certificate courtesy of Todd Shelton Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, I am talking to you who are interested in fur line footwear.
@TheTukker @WhyUEarly @gzheydey @Proleet
We could not get chukka of the ground, so what do you say about a fur line Chelsea?

Is Burgundy Utah a long shot?
Chestnut Utah not available?
Sienna Hatch grain is available.

@Notch also has another grain leather that is more like Utah grain from what I hear. It is called Alpine Grain, and it comes in 4 different colors https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o4feo1jdvun3a8/AAA1d7jVx5jM7Su6ciHufwpQa/High Resolution Leather Samples/Alpine Grain?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

What say you?
I might be interested

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that the Contemporary Almond Last fits me the best across most mid-tier maker.

- Hugs the ankle comfortably
- Slim across the forefoot
- Tight waist
- Snug across instep

This is a wonderful last, Tom. I think you knock it out of the park with this. (For me, at least)
Agree with the points you made regarding the ankle, waist and instep fit. For me though, the last fit smaller than plenty of other lasts in same size i.e. UK 9.5. Lasts I am comparing to are C&J 325, Carmina Rain , Forest, EG 606, 202, 888 ( I take UK 10E here that's comparable to 9.5 in others).
Will be trying UK 10 in SOH last next to see if that fit better

Proleet

Reaction score
We could not get chukka of the ground, so what do you say about a fur line Chelsea?

@Notch also has another grain leather that is more like Utah grain from what I hear. It is called Alpine Grain, and it comes in 4 different colors https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o4feo1jdvun3a8/AAA1d7jVx5jM7Su6ciHufwpQa/High Resolution Leather Samples/Alpine Grain?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

What say you?
will have to pass. Not that into Chelsea boots and am trying to avoid getting new shoes till the new year :/

gzheydey

Reaction score

What say you?
I would like to take the Alpine Grain. I prefer high boot. Only see Byron is available on SOH. If there's no other options other than Byron, I can go with with Byron with Alpine (first two color). However, really prefer Tom can develop other boot styles.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seeing if there's any interest for the William semi brogue, on heavy sole (Dainite with midsole for example) and metal eyelets, in Ebony Utah. Received an email from a customer and the leather is in stock, so 5 needed.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing if there's any interest for the William semi brogue, on heavy sole (Dainite with midsole for example) and metal eyelets, in Ebony Utah. Received an email from a customer and the leather is in stock, so 5 needed.
I would be in for one of these but without toe medallion, if that's possible.

aj2603

Reaction score
i agree with u... they look very well made and the design is superb. the last is balanced.. choice of materials is good.. price is superb.....

i am a sucker for a split toe derby (TBH)... but the only thing missing in these shoes is a hand stitched apron. This is a massive personal preference as i love a hand stitched apron.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40