• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

bryanljs

Reaction score
I have to say that the Contemporary Almond Last fits me the best across most mid-tier maker.

- Hugs the ankle comfortably
- Slim across the forefoot
- Tight waist
- Snug across instep

This is a wonderful last, Tom. I think you knock it out of the park with this. (For me, at least)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks, I am talking to you who are interested in fur line footwear.
@TheTukker @WhyUEarly @gzheydey @Proleet
We could not get chukka of the ground, so what do you say about a fur line Chelsea?

Is Burgundy Utah a long shot?
Chestnut Utah not available?
Sienna Hatch grain is available.

@Notch also has another grain leather that is more like Utah grain from what I hear. It is called Alpine Grain, and it comes in 4 different colors https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o4feo1jdvun3a8/AAA1d7jVx5jM7Su6ciHufwpQa/High Resolution Leather Samples/Alpine Grain?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

What say you?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Going to jump right in, but Alpine Grain needs a higher MOQ because the supplier asks for a higher MOQ!

Burgundy and Chestnut utah are indeed not available.

Ebony Utah is available, as well as Sienna Hatch grain, Alpine Grain in dark brown and Espresso Pin Grain for example.

WhyUEarly

Reaction score
Folks, I am talking to you who are interested in fur line footwear.
@TheTukker @WhyUEarly @gzheydey @Proleet
We could not get chukka of the ground, so what do you say about a fur line Chelsea?

Is Burgundy Utah a long shot?
Chestnut Utah not available?
Sienna Hatch grain is available.

@Notch also has another grain leather that is more like Utah grain from what I hear. It is called Alpine Grain, and it comes in 4 different colors https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o4feo1jdvun3a8/AAA1d7jVx5jM7Su6ciHufwpQa/High Resolution Leather Samples/Alpine Grain?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

What say you?
I'm avoiding SoH for more chelsea boots because the laceless fit isn't ideal for me. For me, a Ridgeway sole is a must for better grip, esp if it's going to be a fur lined boot for winter. So not sure if Ridgeway sole fits on a sleek chelsea.

Alpine grain is nice, subtle pattern. It's also glossier than Utah and pin grain (I think).

You tagged 5 people and there was another SFer (stephenaf ) who was concerned about sizing, so I don't think it's completely impossible for the chukkas, esp if Tom opens the GMTO to his website.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.