• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sons of Henrey - Goodyear Welted Footwear

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably because I do not like trying new things. I was really hope they can create a outlier for price or quality. Like hand welted shoes for $400, otherwise I would just stick with what I know, Yanko, Carmina. I'd rather let other people try them first and listen to their feedbacks, rather than test something I do not know. Switching to a new brand has potential cost, why would I switch if nothing spectacular?
Very understandable. It's the availability of Ridgeway soles and Utah that are appealing to me. One brand you might want to try then is Meccariello new Aeris range. In my mind, they're end-game quality shoes, but for under 400 euros. If you're happy with the brands you know, then maybe no need to try.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Probably because I do not like trying new things. I was really hope they can create a outlier for price or quality. Like hand welted shoes for $400, otherwise I would just stick with what I know, Yanko, Carmina. I'd rather let other people try them first and listen to their feedbacks, rather than test something I do not know. Switching to a new brand has potential cost, why would I switch if nothing spectacular?

SOH's lasts and models are much nicer than Yanko's, in my opinion.

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Very understandable. It's the availability of Ridgeway soles and Utah that are appealing to me. One brand you might want to try then is Meccariello new Aeris range. In my mind, they're end-game quality shoes, but for under 400 euros. If you're happy with the brands you know, then maybe no need to try.
What’s so special about Aeris line? I think AM lasts only fit for people with high insteps like other Italian brands, that’s why I never try them. And that’s the problem of switching to something unknown

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s so special about Aeris line? I think AM lasts only fit for people with high insteps like other Italian brands, that’s why I never try them. And that’s the problem of switching to something unknown
Obv fit is king. I have a high instep so works great for me. Aeris is actually his cheapest line, but it doesn't pale in quality to his more expensive stuff imo. The last thing I will say is that it's just very obviously a step up, just like how you hold a pair of Carminas for the first time, it's very obviously better than a pair of Cole Haan

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I will not go over everything that has been posted here, as it would not be fair to Affiliate Vendors.

In short, yes, I will be an Affiliate soon. I'm working out the details with Fok.

I owe a lot to the forum, and would now like to give back. I hope to have your continued support.

When the Affiliate Thread is up and running, I will do a proper introduction. Until that time, there are plenty of ways to reach me.

Thank you!
Tom

KRGA

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I just broke into “shore society” with a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo’s Oxfords, in pursuit of new pair of shoes I am considering also Meccariello Aeris Equities 2 (ready to wear).
The selection is narrowed down to Crocket and Jones and Salvatore.
However, after Meccariello is a game changer with price and quality you write about hear.
Advice, most substantial differences etc. would make my purchase as a rookie (for now) much easier.

Sub-question, is it recommendable to put a very thin layer of rubber on the leather sole in order to preserve the shoe? Or is this a no go, if so how can one keep the leather sole in good shape?

Best

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I just broke into “shore society” with a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo’s Oxfords, in pursuit of new pair of shoes I am considering also Meccariello Aeris Equities 2 (ready to wear).
However, after Meccariello is a game changer with price and quality you write about hear.
Advice, most substantial differences etc. would make my purchase as a rookie (for now) much easier.

Sub-question, is it recommendable to put a very thin layer of rubber on the leather sole in order to preserve the shoe? Or is this a no go, if so how can one keep the leather sole in good shape?

Best

Yep you can get a cobbler to add a rubber half-sole (also sometimes called a topy)

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Best

This is not the appropriate thread to post this.

Zach Britton

Reaction score
How did the Adelaide fit in the instep compared to the Rain? I can’t wear the Rain as the instep is too formidable but fit comfortably into the Inca with an additional insole/tongue pad. Have narrow heels, minimal arch, low volume foot with wide forefoot. Best fit is Alfred Sargent 87 last, Inca close second.

I actually had a pair of Adelaides made by Tom when the shoes were still in production. I took the same size as I do in my Carolina Rains, and the classic last on the SOH shoes feel more roomy in the forefoot.

Otherwise, the craftsmanship is excellent and the value is there. I am not sure where the leather was sourced for the pair that was made for mine, but it feels on par to my Yankos and a step down from my Carminas.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics