1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Sons of Henrey - Goodyear Welted Footwear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CanadaCal, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WhyUEarly

WhyUEarly Senior Member

Very understandable. It's the availability of Ridgeway soles and Utah that are appealing to me. One brand you might want to try then is Meccariello new Aeris range. In my mind, they're end-game quality shoes, but for under 400 euros. If you're happy with the brands you know, then maybe no need to try.

2. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior Member

SOH's lasts and models are much nicer than Yanko's, in my opinion.

3. NoNameNecessary

NoNameNecessary Senior Member

What’s so special about Aeris line? I think AM lasts only fit for people with high insteps like other Italian brands, that’s why I never try them. And that’s the problem of switching to something unknown

4. WhyUEarly

WhyUEarly Senior Member

Obv fit is king. I have a high instep so works great for me. Aeris is actually his cheapest line, but it doesn't pale in quality to his more expensive stuff imo. The last thing I will say is that it's just very obviously a step up, just like how you hold a pair of Carminas for the first time, it's very obviously better than a pair of Cole Haan

5. Notch

Notch Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Hi everyone!

I will not go over everything that has been posted here, as it would not be fair to Affiliate Vendors.

In short, yes, I will be an Affiliate soon. I'm working out the details with Fok.

I owe a lot to the forum, and would now like to give back. I hope to have your continued support.

When the Affiliate Thread is up and running, I will do a proper introduction. Until that time, there are plenty of ways to reach me.

Thank you!
    Tom

6. KRGA

KRGA New Member

Hi Gents,

I just broke into “shore society” with a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo’s Oxfords, in pursuit of new pair of shoes I am considering also Meccariello Aeris Equities 2 (ready to wear).
    The selection is narrowed down to Crocket and Jones and Salvatore.
    However, after Meccariello is a game changer with price and quality you write about hear.
    Advice, most substantial differences etc. would make my purchase as a rookie (for now) much easier.

Sub-question, is it recommendable to put a very thin layer of rubber on the leather sole in order to preserve the shoe? Or is this a no go, if so how can one keep the leather sole in good shape?

Best

7. WhyUEarly

WhyUEarly Senior Member

Yep you can get a cobbler to add a rubber half-sole (also sometimes called a topy)

8. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior Member

This is not the appropriate thread to post this.

9. KRGA

KRGA New Member

Thank you!