• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Songs that get stuck in your head forever (you may not want to read this)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I know this may be an evil idea for a thread, because once you read the song title, (if you're like me anyway) you'll then get the song stuck in your head for up to a week or so.

I'm trying to figure out how the hell I got New Edition's "Cool It Now" stuck in my head for the last couple days. I had quite a... full... weekend, so it may have been coming from one of various venues (karaoke?), or in a movie, or in a store or something, I guess. I didn't know what/who it was, so I had to google search the lyrics I could remember and then download it to try to reset my brain. But the most irritating part of it is trying to retrace my steps to think of where I might have heard it.

Any other songs like this? I'm sure I will have one every couple of days.

Oh yeah, "It's My Life" or whatever by, I think, Gwen Stefani. This is why a guy should drive his own car with his own music and not ride in a girl's car... (besides the fear of imminent death)
lol8[1].gif
Nothing worse than trying to do serious manly stuff while secretly running "WOW This Crap is Actually On The Radio Volume 9328" in your head.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I know this may be an evil idea for a thread, because once you read the song title, (if you're like me anyway) you'll then get the song stuck in your head for up to a week or so.

I'm trying to figure out how the hell I got New Edition's "Cool It Now" stuck in my head for the last couple days. I had quite a... full... weekend, so it may have been coming from one of various venues (karaoke?), or in a movie, or in a store or something, I guess. I didn't know what/who it was, so I had to google search the lyrics I could remember and then download it to try to reset my brain. But the most irritating part of it is trying to retrace my steps to think of where I might have heard it.

Any other songs like this? I'm sure I will have one every couple of days.

Oh yeah, "It's My Life" or whatever by, I think, Gwen Stefani. This is why a guy should drive his own car with his own music and not ride in a girl's car... (besides the fear of imminent death)
lol8[1].gif

I hate that when that happens. A few weeks ago I had "Drowning" stuck in my head after I heard a techno remix of it. Gwen Stefani remade the song that Jon Bon Jovi remade? heh.

I had Solisbury Hill stuck in my head last week for a bit which isn't a bad thing...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
*****cat Dolls "You wish you girlfriend was a freak like me" song always gets in my head AARRGGHGHHHHHHH

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Oh yeah, "It's My Life" or whatever by, I think, Gwen Stefani.

hahaha its all about the original version.

what about MJ's "man in the mirror" ? it gets stuck in my head when i hear it
lol8[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
more than a month ago, i was busting my friend who at that time had some "girl problems" and i was singing that damn air supply's song "all out of love" to get his goat. we laughed about it, he downloaded the song on his ipod, and that song is still stuck in both our heads up until now.

damn you, air supply, damn you to hell!!!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I feel lucky that I don't know any of the songs discussed thus far except "man in the mirror", which I may be able to resi... nope, there it goes.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I'm in heaven When you Smile" - Van Morrison
"Another One Bites the Dust"

And anything by Bon Jovi. If there is anyone I would have pleasure if offing it is that man.

A.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Whenever I hear True by Spandau Ballet it is in my head for months. I just need to hear it once to sing it all day and go home and put it on my Ipod.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Fall Back Down by Rancid

That song kills me. For days I am walking around like...

ififallbackdownyouregonnahelpmebackupagain ififallbackdownyouregonnabemyfriend

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I've recently had "I write love songs not tragedies" by Panic at the Disco stuck in my head...

But beyond that it tends to be the theme songs of kid's shows from the Disney Channel. The Higglytown Heroes theme song is particularly insidious.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Tainted Love" by Soft Cell and anything that samples it (e.g., "S.O.S." by Rihanna).

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the Gwen/Talk Talk/ tip, Erasure's "Respect" gets me. I find myself humming it all the damn time. I'm straight, I swear.

I heard a theory somewhere (movie? dunno) that said if you get an annoying song in your head, think about Billy Idol's "White Wedding" for a minute, and it will clean the other song out, then fade nicely. Only works for me sometimes.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Simply having a wonderful Christmastime...

Enough to add extra bourbon to my eggnog just to drown the chorus. I mentioned this to my neighbor since he had a Wings CD in plain sight, and I don't think he's speaking to me any longer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads