Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Song Lyric Help

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by alaaro, May 24, 2005.

1. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

You know the song "Flavor of the Weak", by American hi-fi? There is a section of lyrics that I cant figure out. I'm sure everyone who knows the song know what I am talking about..."Her boyfriend, he don't know, anything about her. He's...too stoned.....??????????"

I say its "to know", but others have told me "Nintendo". I guess the song sounds like them both, but I would think that the line would boil down to "he dont know...hes too stoned to know". Just to make the end follow the beginning.

any thoughts?

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

I've never heard the song, but "he's too stoned Nintendo" doesn't seem to make much sense.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Keep in mind the general awfulness of the song. I think "he's too stoned... Nintendo" is right. If my memory serves me correctly, the video was a "heavy metal parking lot" ripoff, and they were capitalizing on the retro-80s wave that was cresting when that song came out.

Side note: tried to buy some NES games the other day, and the clerk looked at me like I was asking for a skate key and some jacks.

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

5. Eric

Eric Senior member

"he's too stoned Nintendo" doesn't seem to make much sense
    Keep in mind the general awfulness of the song. I think "he's too stoned... Nintendo" is right. If my memory serves me correctly, the video was a "heavy metal parking lot" ripoff, and they were capitalizing on the retro-80s wave that was cresting when that song came out. Side note: tried to buy some NES games the other day, and the clerk looked at me like I was asking for a skate key and some jacks.
    I went thru a NES phase a few years ago, $25 for the system and $.25 per game at local pawn shops. Lot of fun for a week or two before it gets old again. Eric