• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Son & Man *Arbiter* - Anyone know this vintage brand?

Rampart

Reaction score
Is anyone here aware of the vintage Italian brand: Son & Man *Arbiter*

All I know is that they are brand that existed in the past, perhaps prior to the 1960s.. I can't seem to find any info out there about them.

Anyone have some insight?

RT

Rampart

Reaction score
Still searching for some info on this brand. If anyone knows an approximate year, that would be helpful.

Here's a few photos. The ties look much better in person than they do in the pictures. I would be interested in seeing other ties from Son & Man *Arbiter*, they seem to have had quite a unique style.

sonmantie1.JPG

sonmantie2.JPG

Rampart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Nice catch, that's quite lovely. Where did you get it?

I obtained it from a relative with a few other ties, who originally got it in Italy long ago. The only two instances on the net that I could find were an auction site (artifact.com):

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/a...1-c-mmpj250ubt

and someone a couple months back sold a men's scarf from Son & Man *Arbiter* on ebay.

That's it.. Would be nice to know a history of the company.

Keon

Reaction score
Could be an old shop... the ties may have been made by another company. Via Condotti 84 is the street address, in case you didn't figure that out.

Rampart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Keon
Could be an old shop... the ties may have been made by another company. Via Condotti 84 is the street address, in case you didn't figure that out.

Good point.. I figured it was some sort of address. Maybe that can lead to some more info.

Was also able to find this website which had another tie by them.

http://www.1uglyshirt.com/store/Jon-p-389.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads