• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something you must learn before it's too late

Say

Reaction score
what is it for you guys?

for me, its learning my native language

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be nice to mother. Never had a good relationship with her.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coho you been makin some pretty heavy posts as of late...heh it seems my pessimistic personality is rubbing off on you.

As for me, it's how to get along with women. Don't know if i'll ever learn...

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how to dance. i live in a town where dancing has been forbidden ever since a bridge accident several years ago. the town pastor is a real dick. but now, thanks to ren, we're finally having a prom, but i can't dance.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
swimming, embarrassingly. Anyone have any ideas how a 22 yr old can learn swimming, albeit as quickly as possible?

minus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
swimming, embarrassingly. Anyone have any ideas how a 22 yr old can learn swimming, albeit as quickly as possible?

Pretty sure you can find an adult swim class at your local YMCA. Normally they're not too pricey and on the plus side most of the class should be roughly around your age, if not older.

As to what I need to learn; French. My French skills barely exceeded to ability to read the française portion of a cereal box comfortably, even though I took French for five years. Admittedly, my last French class that was more than 15 years ago, but my ability with the language is about on par with a 5 year old.

Oh, hell, while I'm dreaming, let's say Mandarin Chinese too. Reading it and comprehending the grammar is one thing, but I never could wrap my tongue around the tones.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
how to dance. i live in a town where dancing has been forbidden ever since a bridge accident several years ago. the town pastor is a real dick. but now, thanks to ren, we're finally having a prom, but i can't dance.

A little advice for you:

You're playing so cool. Obeying every rule. Dig way down in your heart. You're yearning, burning for some somebody to tell you that life ain't passing you by. I'm trying to tell you it will if you don't even try. You can fly if you'd only cut loose.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How to fire a machine gun in the crane position.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jazz piano; elementary physics; the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V -- just cuz.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^ Deep, man.
Deep.

Thanks. I'm thinking of becoming a songwriter and specializing in '80's bubblegum pop.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minus
Pretty sure you can find an adult swim class at your local YMCA. Normally they're not too pricey and on the plus side most of the class should be roughly around your age, if not older.

As to what I need to learn; French. My French skills barely exceeded to ability to read the française portion of a cereal box comfortably, even though I took French for five years. Admittedly, my last French class that was more than 15 years ago, but my ability with the language is about on par with a 5 year old.

Oh, hell, while I'm dreaming, let's say Mandarin Chinese too. Reading it and comprehending the grammar is one thing, but I never could wrap my tongue around the tones.

That is so Albertan. I took french for 3 years and all I know is poulet, sucre and then the stuff on shampoo bottles too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads