1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Something new at Brooks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerrysfriend, Feb 19, 2005.

1. jerrysfriend

jerrysfriend Senior Member

Brooks has been carrying high quality Martin Greenfield hand-tailored "Golden Fleece" suits for a while now; current prices about $1,298.
    For Spring, they have some upgraded Martin Greenfields at $1,700. These are made of Super 120 or 130 English or Scottish fabric, instead of Italian, have more handwork inside, and have added a pen pocket; they have a better grade of Bemberg lining in both the coat and trousers and are set up to add working button holes. I saw 2-button models, 3-button models, and 3-button ones with a ticket pocket and steep side vents. Some of the fabrics were lovely, such as silky  wide spaced pin stripe of lavender on dark gray and also a mid blue stripe on navy.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

Sounds like they're trying to upgrade the quality of their top lines? That is welcome news.

I did see Golden Fleece suits at the D.C. Brooks Brothers (on Conn. Ave) when I was doing a shirt exchange. Didn't look at the details, though, as it was for someone who was trying to get a matching shirt and tie at the same time.

Even worse - it was a "black" suit. (Ducks).