• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something is missing (shoes)

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 16 and am in public high school, this is what i own so far: Black Cole Haan Slip ons with white stitching patterns, grey and black custom PRODUCT RED converse, and a brown pair of lacoste sneakers.

I need new shoes but I cannot think of what exactly I need. I want something classic but has an edge to it. One more thing, it has to be under $120.

Thanks big time!

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chelsea boots. see if you can find a brand new pair on ebay, and you might be able to get below $120.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some sort of boot... a lot of people are probably going to reccomend Clarks desert boots in your price range. They can be had on ebay for 70ish.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those both don't really work for me =/

perusingnature

Reaction score
he's 16, so don't dress him like his grandfather. op, you're probably a sophomore or junior in high school so sneakers are the way to go. the best options are to hit the local shoe store (really) or shop around online, citing vans or the like.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a junior but my wardrobe is anything from Giorgio Armani BL, to Emporio, to Rogan Gregory, etc.

The thing is I am out of money and I think the way to go are something that looks like a Neil Barrett show, do you think Filenes Basement in a wealthy area would carry some high end shoes at a good price.

blantonator

Reaction score
this is an easy one, clarks desert boots ($90)
MensCategoriesOutdoor-ClarksClarksMensDesertBootSandSuede_large_image1_4623.gif

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't fit my look, way too blah, sorry, but thanks for the advice with that one

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He said no to DB's. On a similar note, I like Van's Chukkas, really pretty much any kind of chukka. When you say high end, what do you mean? Styling like Dior Homme or raf or more along the lines of the brands you mentioned?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Dior and Raf as well as GA, some EA and Barrett as I stated earlier in terms of the design and colors used. I do not want anything Brown as I do not have enough clothes to match with it, something with a pattern would be good, blacks, greys, silvers (shiny possibly), some white.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No no no, I never said DH/raf for <$120, I merely said something of like styling. Yes, I know even that is somewhat of a stretch.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
funny, I think you'll find many people here that'll tell you that brown and its shades really make up one of the most versatile palettes. But if you're a Dior/Raf kind of guy I guess I can see why you'd be partial to the monochromes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads