• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Something I made - eBay Search Creator

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello So the deal is I've made this spreadsheet in excel that collates a bunch of brands, clothing items and sizing into a convenient search web address and/or search string. It took me about 2 months and is the first time I've had to delve into macros, to be honest if I knew of the time and effort I'd end up spending on this thing I wouldn't have bothered, but its done now and I'm pretty happy with the result. Have a play, see if you can make some use of it, it has the capability for a large number of keywords so you have plenty of space to add your own and I've written the macro so that you do not need to touch any code to add keywords, just follow the instructions on Sheet2. I will post updates as they happen and certainly welcome any feedback you can give on the program, even if its just to say that you are using it. Btw, the categories you see are of your own choice, I simply left my choices in there as an example Also I am aware that narrowing your searches will lead to missed opportunities, but its a balancing act, you can broaden the amount of brands you search and then be more specific about what sizes you want. Experiment. Notable Features: Brand Concatentation - combine up to 70 brands into a single search string Preset Keywords + Create your own - choose preset item keywords or create your own Unlimited Characters - the generated web address means you can exceed the 300 character search box limit to a very high and so far unknown number of maximum characters Generates Search Web Address - creates a simply copy>paste web address for the search eBay Search Creator 1.0 Screenshots
3572510205_925a6acc89_o.jpg
3573470562_8e772620c2_o.jpg
3573315848_e6de14f95c_o.jpg
3572510285_1b5f1a1f11_o.jpg
Download from Slingfile from Mega Upload from Easy Share from SendSpace

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ebay has a saved search feature... i do all my searches once, save them, and get an email every evening with my search. good effort with this though, maybe someone will use it

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Same here. I save my searches on ebay and get daily emails.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, search saving is great on eBay, however this tool is for creating custom search strings from pre-entered brands and preset items and sizes, it doesn't replace search saving functionality and on the contrary works with it. It is able to collate up to 70 brands into an eBay search and add whatever keywords/sizing you want. You can also search thousands of characters at a time - something only doable through the web address (search box has 300 character limitation).

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh so it can search for multiple brands at once? is this a computer trick?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, nah but if you're searching for a large number of brands it's a pain ********** doing it through the web address, just use my tool to add them all to the web address for you, plus this way you can see them as a list instead of as a continous line and you can add/remove them from the list and regenerate the web address in a second. If you're not using the web address you will be limited to only 300 characters, which may not be enough for all the brands + paramaters you want to search.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
that is actually very cool xenon... i don't know that I am savvy enough to use it properly. but cool none the less.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
that is actually very cool xenon... i don't know that I am savvy enough to use it properly. but cool none the less.

+1

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a possibly useful tool, and it was nice of xeno to share it. I know he's usually pretty prentious, but one-starring any thread he posts seems pretty douche-y.

Kique

Reaction score
Pretty cool actually. I usually search for a specific item on ebay, but for the times I need to do a broader search this could be useful I guess.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nicely done. I won't use it because I hate ebay but I appreciate the effort that went into making it.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Nicely done. I won't use it because I hate ebay but I appreciate the effort that went into making it.

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads