• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

right, what I don't "get" is why you would keep it in there knowing it would fade like that and look terrible.

Because that's wear he puts his lip balm. The entire idea of wearing in jeans is that they will bear the mark of the wearer's life. Seems silly to tailor your life to get jeans to look a certain way.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got these back from Denim Therapy...$40 out, but three weeks (I missed my babies). Got them back Friday, have been on ever since:

Great work by denim therapy, I'll have to post pics when I have a sec of the repair (you can't even tell it was done)

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Got these back from Denim Therapy...$40 out, but three weeks (I missed my babies). Got them back Friday, have been on ever since:

Great work by denim therapy, I'll have to post pics when I have a sec of the repair (you can't even tell it was done)

They look great - you'd never know they'd been repaired!!!:)

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The repair looks great!

I am about two straight weeks in on my 031's. I freakin love them. Will try and post a fit pic soon. I think the thighs could be a touch tighter but I'm sure an eventual soak will take care of it

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The repair looks great!

I am about two straight weeks in on my 031's. I freakin love them. Will try and post a fit pic soon. I think the thighs could be a touch tighter but I'm sure an eventual soak will take care of it

Well Somets are sanforized. They will hardly shrink and if they do, it won't be permanent. They will stretch back to original dimensions.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well Somets are sanforized. They will hardly shrink and if they do, it won't be permanent. They will stretch back to original dimensions.
well, my experience differs from yours. I have had a few pairs of sanfordized that still shrunk a fair bit on their first soak and remained tighter than the original state, especially in the thighs.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well, my experience differs from yours. I have had a few pairs of sanfordized that still shrunk a fair bit on their first soak and remained tighter than the original state, especially in the thighs.

I own two pairs of Somet. First day I wore them, the litteraly shredded my legs. Now they are the most comfortable jeans I have.

But true, not all denims are the same.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well perhaps I should have sized down one further. Time will tell...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the horrible selfies...I can't figure out a decent way to shoot pics. As you can see there is about a thumb's width of extra thigh space. This is about 3 weeks of continuos wear. Fit look good or should I be sizing down one more...

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good fit. Though a size down would have been possible.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ya’ll are making me want to post photos of my 6 year old somet 003’s. I've moved on from them but gave them a good 2+ years of wear.

Do it...You know you want to...

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's a pair that have seen regular washing:

@Rydenfan, these fit just like yours did until they were soaked, and then washed and dried. They're size 30 and super comfortable and soft, but have definitely stayed a bit smaller than their original "stetched" fit after the washing, but are still a touch larger than the 29's I currently have now that are still unsoaked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads