• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

nick.g

Reaction score
Somet 008 had for 8 months with around 7 months of total wear. No washes and no soaks yet. Pics are from an iphone so quality is just ok.

b8d1a8a2.jpg

0fcb248c.jpg

2c090cc2.jpg

e70a09e1.jpg

f60d8f30.jpg

ca9e2320.jpg

46b6b719.jpg

2466106e.jpg

fa323f23.jpg

45b4dfdb.jpg

fc7535ad.jpg

0ef8204b.jpg

8548881a.jpg

Dino19

Reaction score
I have a pair of the 003 size 28 & wish to buy the the 008. The 008 size 26 measures almost the same on the waist. Do I stay at the same waist measurement or do I need to add because it's super low waist.

Can anyone with the 008 advise or anyone who owns both the 003 & 008 comment? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

nick.g

Reaction score
Stick with the same size because the rise of the 008 is so much lower than normal and you'll need a wider opening because it sits on your hips not your waist. I don't have an 003 but my APC NS size is the same as my 008 size.

Dino19

Reaction score
Stick with the same size because the rise of the 008 is so much lower than normal and you'll need a wider opening because it sits on your hips not your waist. I don't have an 003 but my APC NS size is the same as my 008 size.

Thanks for your advice.

Then, will it be better if I choose the next size, ie. size 27, as the waist measurement is 1" bigger than my 003 ?

nick.g

Reaction score
That seems reasonable. A size 28 003 has a 30" waist and an 8.25 rise. A size 27 008 has a 31" waist with a 7.75" rise.

If you want to be sure then I guess you could take your current pair and measure 0.5" below where it sits now to get the right size.

Dino19

Reaction score
That seems reasonable. A size 28 003 has a 30" waist and an 8.25 rise. A size 27 008 has a 31" waist with a 7.75" rise.

If you want to be sure then I guess you could take your current pair and measure 0.5" below where it sits now to get the right size.

That sounds like a good idea. Great. Thanks.

MartinLil

Reaction score
Nick.g, those look great! Are you planning a soak or wash any time soon?

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the APC NS in a 34 and they were quite tight initially, though I could button them up all the way. A little over the year and one wash in and they've stretched such that the fit is basically perfect, if anything with a bit of room around the waist and thighs, but a nice fit generally in the top block.

Planning to buy the 003 and wondering about sizing. Seems like the 003 doesn't stretch as much but per the size charts on BiG and Context and having lost about 10 pounds since I initially bought my NS, it seems like the 34 would be the best bet.

What size is likely going to work best for me in the 003 coming from a 34 in the APC NS?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Somet 008 had for 8 months with around 7 months of total wear. No washes and no soaks yet. Pics are from an iphone so quality is just ok.
b8d1a8a2.jpg

one of the best pairs of somets ive seen. now ******* wash them ... they will look better and smell 1Mx fresher!

did you know the average human farts about 20 times a day? that means those jeans of yours have gone through roughly 4,200 farts. its time to wash them nick.

Last edited:

formz

Reaction score
Stupid question.... how do you know which style of somets you have? I bought my first pair from BiG and then went online to see stock of the same cut and realized I have no ******* idea what I have haha

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the APC NS in a 34 and they were quite tight initially, though I could button them up all the way. A little over the year and one wash in and they've stretched such that the fit is basically perfect, if anything with a bit of room around the waist and thighs, but a nice fit generally in the top block.
Planning to buy the 003 and wondering about sizing. Seems like the 003 doesn't stretch as much but per the size charts on BiG and Context and having lost about 10 pounds since I initially bought my NS, it seems like the 34 would be the best bet.
What size is likely going to work best for me in the 003 coming from a 34 in the APC NS?

I would guess a 34, but you've got a lot of factors in there with the weight loss, so it's just a guess. Somets will stretch in the waist though. Maybe not as much as APC, but they will stretch.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Stupid question.... how do you know which style of somets you have? I bought my first pair from BiG and then went online to see stock of the same cut and realized I have no ******* idea what I have haha

its not a stupid question. here is the link to the somet website that might help you determine. http://www.somet.jp/index.php

i bet you have the 003 unless they are a high rise cut in which case you have the 030's.

imo, everyone needs a pair of 003/005 as they are one of the best fitting jeans around.

slightly off topic

**big is carrying cabourn now ... knowing gordon he will buy the ultra rare pieces that nobody else stocks anywhere outside uk**

Last edited:

arsn89

Reaction score
Just got a pair, these jeans are outstanding. These jeans need more loving, surprised how underrated compared to other jeans out there.

ysb

Reaction score

Just got a pair, these jeans are outstanding. These jeans need more loving, surprised how underrated compared to other jeans out there.

The brand has a fair amount of love, as you can see by the size of this thread. It's just not for everyone since they don't really have a standard mid rise cut available. A lot of people are turned off by the low rise

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads