1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

somet denim..

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Tbh that cut isn't very, um, flattering. Thigh pulling is really uncomfortable, esp. If they droop off you waist. You might want to try a higher rise so they sit on your hip bones. I like a cold soak after a few weeks to get some of the extra dye out and sort of set the shrinkage. But if sanforized you won't see much.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I agree with those. I think those are the low rise Somets though (which are quite low). Maybe try the higher rise version? That is what I have

3. accordion

accordion Senior member

too late I already cold soaked for an hour. They turned pretty comfortable. Nothing's gonna fix my ass, higher rise would only make it worse as my natural waistline is below my hips and lower than normal. so higher rises would just sag down and leave extra room around the crotch. These somet low rises pretty much sit at my natural waist.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Cool. I love my Somet and I'm sure you will too

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I haven't soaked mine....had the higher rise, but have had them for about a year and a half....just did my first soak...in the Ocean (ala APC New Standards) and they look fucking fantastic. Pics when I get home from the beach.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Wow! Cant wait to see them

7. NewYorkIslander

Lighting could be better, I'll get better pics tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Man... I should cop a new pair of Somets one day. I still have two pairs in my closet, but had one shortened a bit too much to get a good fit and one that I don't wear anymore. The 008 is the best slim fit jean I've worn.

9. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They do look good - if I wasn't on a denim ban I think I'd be tempted...:)

10. NewYorkIslander

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Damn! Those look siiiick

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

Should I be soaking the black 018s as well? Not looking to make the color lighter. They're also not nearly as stiff as the 008s pre-soak.

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Going to pull the trigger on 030. With waist measured at 17" I'm leaning towards size 29.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  14. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Just bought some black 018s over the weekend from BIG. This'll be my first try at Somet's but everything I've read here seems that these might be up my alley. I like a narrow, not tight fit. My main concerns are usually about the thigh gap area. I'm pretty thin so I hate when that part accentuates it. Not a flattering look for a guy.

15. accordion

accordion Senior member

I think I may have f'd up slightly by soaking my black somets after 2 weeks, BiG said it'd be fine but no starch came out, they do feel a tiny bit softer though.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  16. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Anybody have any experience with both the 003s and 008/018s? I wear a 27 in 003 and am looking to pick up one of the low-rise tapered pairs (008/018) but they appear to run an inch bigger in the waist? Any insight on sizing down again from 003?

17. Spaghettimatt

Have a pair of very gently used 018s in size 27 that I might be looking to either sell or trade for a 008 or 018 in size 26...

18. Spaghettimatt

Uh. Is this SomeT denim on sale or just "some denim"? If the former please direct me to it. If the latter, fuck right off.

19. NewYorkIslander

Same pair after two years plus....no washes, one ocean soak, and a paint platter accident:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.