somet denim..

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Aug 12, 2006.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Well yeah! Sure, I'm on...

Don't need your money though, although I liked the proposal =) Let's just do it for the honor. I'm not into getting some commercial benefit from jeans, hehe.

Any rules? Besides not cheating, which I think speaks for itself?

Deal. I'm getting my jeans within the next few days. Can we start then? I'll post when they arrive. Otherwise, no rules except no cheating is fine for me ;-)

This'll be good...

2. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Sure, no prob!

This is going to be fun, I think. I'm kinda curious what jeans you are getting by the way. Is it in any kind something like Somet in terms of fading properties etc? And this 1on1 contest... For 3 months? Or should we take 6 for even better results?

Either way, the results should be nice.

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I'm getting Dry Bones jeans. They're sanforized, and I have no idea what they'll be like, or how they'll fade. But I sense they'll be a good match. I hope I love them since I'll be wearing them every day ;-)

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=276

Let's start witht three months and go from there? I'm enjoying this idea of an international challenge also. I hope youir girlfriend likes smelly jeans. At least it's winter and not summer :)

I'll post pictures once they arrive...

- Matt

4. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Hehe, well my GF knows about the dry denim thing... At least I have convinced her to not wash them unless I say so. Wouldn't be cool to see it hanging over the radiator drying when I come home every single day.

Never heard her about the smell though. Though, if she complains I'll just hang them out overnight to make them a bit fresher. I'm already lovin' this project. Can't wait to see how they turn out after a month or 6 of beating.

Kinda curious too about your jeans... Have looked at them (link you provided). Do look nice, I must say. I'm looking forward to pics... Fit pic the most to be honest.

5. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Wasn't at first my intention to post... But, I'd thought this picture was so lovely, I couldn't resist putting it online.

[​IMG]

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Those are looking excellent, Mistral. Those are going to be great fades.

I suggest ironing them (er, bügeln sie?) tomorrow. ;-)

Jeans will arrive Monday...

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Hehe, yeah ironing them should be a good idea ;-)

I wish I had received my jeans later... Or yours earlier, so we could have started together at the same time. I know I do have a head start, but when posting pics I'll just take the day of arrival to count for progres. So, my three months pic will probably be earlier than yours but we'll review it afterwards, after you dropped ya three month pictures. In this way I don't have a lead over you.

8. word

word Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on some 008s. Haven't really cared or purchased any jeans since last summer so this should be fun. Slightly concerned about the darts but oh well, will have to see when they show up in the mail.

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

So, my three months pic will probably be earlier than yours but we'll review it afterwards, after you dropped ya three month pictures. In this way I don't have a lead over you.

No worries. That's nice of you but I'm still gonna win ;-)

Just pulled the trigger on some 008s. Haven't really cared or purchased any jeans since last summer so this should be fun. Slightly concerned about the darts but oh well, will have to see when they show up in the mail.

Congrats! They're real beauties. I'm sure Mistral ^^ can give you reviews on the darts. I have no experience with them.

10. totti

totti Member

I'm new here, just bought 003's, should be here in a few days, I'm quite excited.

11. slaani

slaani Senior member

What is there to worry about with the darts? Not really sure how I'd "review" them. The darts are important how the 008s fit, so if you like the fit, you like the darts.

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Nothing wrong with the darts, they're a detail I really like. Note: if you bought a size too small, you can have a tailor let our a little of the insewn selvage. Finally, I can cross street dividers.

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

What is there to worry about with the darts? Not really sure how I'd "review" them. The darts are important how the 008s fit, so if you like the fit, you like the darts.

Every detail on a garment is reviewable. Take Skull. Cotton thread? Doesn't seem like much of an item to review until the front pocket stitching starts coming out after ten wears.

Works/doesn't work is what I mean. The dart's purpose is clear, but it's pretty unique. For all I know, the damn things pop their seams in a week, or cause gout ;-)

14. Binker

Binker Senior member

These look awesome (from BiG): [​IMG]
    Anyone know if these are available anywhere else online? BiGs sold out of 34s.

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Anyone know if these are available anywhere else online? BiGs sold out of 34s.

I was hoping someone would score those. Dunno anyone else though. Email cust.serv./Gordon at BiG and see if they have restock or can special order.