somet denim..

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Well thanks on your comment, that's always nice to hear =) I dig the fit too, it's really great. Ah man, I just got these on for 2 weeks... I'm so curious how they will turn out, with like say, a month or three.

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Well thanks on your comment, that's always nice to hear =) I dig the fit too, it's really great. Ah man, I just got these on for 2 weeks... I'm so curious how they will turn out, with like say, a month or three.

Not quite like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Not quite like this? Why not? Hehe...

4. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Eh.. I got my 003's today in 28. I'm bummed, I definitely feel like this is not the fit I was looking for. I think, because of how the 28's fit, I definitely could have done and should have done 27, and very likely might have been able to do a 27. I'm a natural 31, which is measured on a 29.

5. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

Eh.. I got my 003's today in 28. I'm bummed, I definitely feel like this is not the fit I was looking for. I think, because of how the 28's fit, I definitely could have done and should have done 27, and very likely might have been able to do a 27. I'm a natural 31, which is measured on a 29.

Just return them for a 27. Might be a bit tight at the waist at first, but they stretch a bit. I'm also a natural 31 and I wear a 27 Somet. They're bomb-ass jeans when you get the right fit, so just call up and ask about their exchange policy and procedures.

6. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Yeah, I let the email fly. What's been making me uneasy is the fact I had these hemmed. When I was buying online, there was a pair which was a 28, but "hemmed to a 33", so I'm hoping there's some room to move around. I know that's often the case with higher-end personalized boutique shops, eh? But still, I'm not counting on much, so you might find me on the B&S sometime soon, eh?

7. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

If you had them hemmed at a certain length, then I'll doubt they let you exchange the pair for another one. Should have thought about hemming after you tried them on. In my case, I had them hemmed too, but I had a pair of jeans at home that was about the same model... So I used that as a reference for sizing.

What's wrong with the fit anyway? I only can make up that you should have gone with a size 27 instead of 28.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Not quite like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that is absolutely sick

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Just return them for a 27. Might be a bit tight at the waist at first, but they stretch a bit. I'm also a natural 31 and I wear a 27 Somet. They're bomb-ass jeans when you get the right fit, so just call up and ask about their exchange policy and procedures.

Word. You'll be making the right call if you exchange them. I had a 30, never was happy. Got a 29 and presto. Magic. Then I hemmed too short. Another story...
    (My 29s were pretty snug for a bit, but these jeans ended up being the epitome of 'no pain, no gain'. They became the magic fit after about ten wears - so exchange and stick it out bro).

Yeah, I let the email fly. What's been making me uneasy is the fact I had these hemmed. When I was buying online, there was a pair which was a 28, but "hemmed to a 33"
    Sounds like BiG, in which case...:

If you had them hemmed at a certain length, then I'll doubt they let you exchange the pair for another one. .

Gordon will consider a consignment return (i.e. - if you had them hemmed but they're new, he'll take them back but won't give you credit until they sell). I've done it with some PBJ. Gordon's smart to want you happy and satisfied, but also not willing to take a huge chance...

If it's Context, I think you may have to ask about that.

It's better than trying to sell them at a big loss here, and you really need to get those the right size. You will thank yourself.

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Yeah, I let the email fly. What's been making me uneasy is the fact I had these hemmed. When I was buying online, there was a pair which was a 28, but "hemmed to a 33", so I'm hoping there's some room to move around. I know that's often the case with higher-end personalized boutique shops, eh? But still, I'm not counting on much, so you might find me on the B&S sometime soon, eh?

PS - keep in mind that you'll have a .5" waist and 1" inseam shrink on these, plus some shrink in the rise. Make sure you hot soak them first - it really makes a difference for the fit and don't do anything to the stiffness.

11. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

@ Mlyngard:

Your earlier post, involving the evopics from context. Why shouldn't my jeans turn out somewhat like that?

12. slaani

slaani Senior member

I have been wearing mine really hard for about 9 months and they are probably 1/3 as faded as that. I assume he meant that you will see very little in the way of big change in the next 3 months.

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Don't know if he means that... Pictures posted are a pair of roughly 5 months old. Hard wear and the person who was wearing them got caught in a thunderstorm once... Chance of me staying dry in the Netherlands is smaller than getting caught in a thunderstorm =P So I don't see why my pair can't end up like that.

Not that I'm in a hurry.... Was just wondering.

14. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Yup, BiG. I agree with you guys, I don't expect a straight exchange because that clearly goes against their policy. But, I also doubt I'll be told a straight "No, sorry." as well. That doesn't seem characteristic of shops like BiG, but of course I've never been to BiG, I'm assuming by their loyal base they must be doing something right and helping their customers out. That's also not wishful thinking. Maybe more of rationalizing, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, ha.

By chance, it turns out I'm going to be visiting nyc in a little bit over a month. I live in California.

So, Gordon from BiG's the guy who takes care of this? Is there a time period in which credit is assigned? If he were to accept the terms of that consignment return you mentioned, they'd be available for sale and credit would be given to me once they sell. Is there a cut-off point? A couple months? I really have no idea how fast these go..

and Mylngard, I definitely do not want to hot soak if I'm still anticipating offing these as "new", don't you think? And yeah, I should have mentioned I took the inseam and waist shrink into account. The waist fits.. idk, it "fits", but it feels like you upsized on 511's. Skinny jean, just big all over the place. Some people like that, I don't. If I want a relaxed jean, I'll purchase one. Upsizing on a jean that is supposed to fit slim feels ridiculous to me. But yeah, the problem's more in the lap and leg. The waist fits loosely (could fit my wrist on the hip) but not as snug as it should because there are breaks and folds all over my lap which aren't characteristic of these, judging from other people's fit pics. Shrinkage has less of an effect on the cut than the waist size and inseam, from what I understand.