• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone tell me what this jacket type is...and where I can get something similar?

thebachellor

Reaction score
Commanderslubtwilljacket.jpg

I was on the gap site and saw this coat... I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get a similar jacket with a "not-so-high"/non-existant collar? I don't know what this type of jacket is called which is why i'm asking you guys...

...could you help me out?

Thanks.
confused.gif

FashionIQ

Reaction score
I think Triple Five Soul has something very close to that. I have to go search for it though.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in the future please us the small questions thread, thats what its for
That aside welcome to the boards

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Looks very, very similar to one I bought at H&M about a month ago for $50. They might have some at H&M on the clearance racks.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
It looks like what is generally known as an M-65 jacket. I think usually they have epaulets, but I think they're better without. A little overdone by now I think, but if I were to get one I'd get it in black or grey without any kind of washing or distressing to play down that military feel a bit. Just my preference.

p.trick

Reaction score
That style is commonly referred to as the military shirt jacket (for reasons beyond the comprehension of mere mortals such as ourselves). Urban Outfitters stocks several variations (both standing and turnover collars) year-round on their website for anywhere from $50 to $500. I personally feel that epaulets and other embellishments define the style as much as the four front pockets do, but as always it comes down to the look you want to achieve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics