• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone date my nurse in Houston!!??

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm sorry Geek, I was not aware that some guy had cheated on you
frown.gif

I think the two of you need to open yourselves up to more men.

Ok, jackass, I hate to admit it, but you got me good there.
laugh.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
rnold , i had no idea you were in your 50s. i had you at 25 !

The internet is a wondrous place.

I like to stay in touch with the younger people and styles and trends and SF is wonderful for that.

Conversely, my real life friends and associates tend to be older.

One of my very best friends died about 4 years ago. He was 78 years old. His grandfather had founded Texaco Oil Co. and he had managed to go through his fortune. Till the week he died he was going to topless bars with me and a couple of other friends my age.

I knew him from a 12 step program. His funeral was one of the most amazing things I've ever been to. He had people like James Baker (ex Sec. of State) paying their respects along with down and out 12 steppers. It was amazing. I ought to do a thread on him and perhaps I will.

But this is Shikar's thread. He is a pretty up front guy and I think his motives are pure and the nurse would be a great catch. I just don't know that many under 40 Houston guys that would fill the bill.

Shikar, how closely do you think she will check age ID
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GQ, when are you going to change your avatar?

I sincerely think it is time for a change.

Well, if RJ didn't send the poster to the wrong address I might have taken it down, since i'd have something else to remind me of him, but alas, he is a doofus. Does it bother you?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
Perhaps too few men with standards in TX. But also too few women with standards, I found. Lots of educated men looking for young sorority girls; lots of educated women looking for luxury automobile-driving men. (As a luxury-automobile driving man, it wasn't so bad for me -- but woe to women in my age bracket.) Yes, I know that's a common dynamic everywhere, but worse in TX than I saw in any other place I've lived in America.
Hey we're supposed to be attracted to younger attractive women. It's hardwired into us.
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Well, if RJ didn't send the poster to the wrong address I might have taken it down, since i'd have something else to remind me of him, but alas, he is a doofus. Does it bother you?

it dont bother me , but everytime i see your name, i automatically think of a buffed out gay bear with a leaf over his thing.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it dont bother me , but everytime i see your name, i automatically think of a buffed out gay bear with a leaf over his thing.
lol8[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Why do I feel that "him" might be misinterpreted?

Kaizen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Shikar, how closely do you think she will check age ID
laugh.gif

Hey now! I already called 'dibs' if she's willing to round up to 42.
fight[1].gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaizen
fight[1].gif

Well at least you could probably pass for your mid 30s.

With me she would have to be blind with love
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've got a good feeling about Shikar's motives too. I think he's talking about prime organic desirable meat, and not some bargain cut.

And I bet she's Halal and Kosher too. Maybe George Bernard Shaw had those like conne in mind when he famously said, Youth is wasted on the young
laugh.gif

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening,
I am talking about very much a lady who is looking for a long term relationship...correct. Yes, she has bad work hours and since she doesnt like the bar scene, makes it tough to find appropriate people. I appreciate the help.

Regards.
PS. Whoever said surgeons were smart...???
lol8[1].gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm assuming she's looking for someone local in Texas. how tall is tall?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo

In NYC, if you are a 35-year old professional male and showed up with a 22-year old hottie to a dinner party, you'd be in, at the very least, for some gentle ribbing from your friends and, at worst, some outright hostility. It's considered borderline unsophisticated in most polite company, and unacceptable and borish in many circles. And, of course, it would depend on the 22-year old -- Woody Allen's "Manhattan," for example.

I think it's ridiculous to do that but it happens quite often in NYC and most people don't bat an eye or do any ribbing.

Shikar's just trying to hook one of you guys up and you're all jumping on his back. What's this world coming to?

Shikar, tell her to move to NYC and I'll take one for the team and take her out.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaizen
fight[1].gif

Depends...age is just a number.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by teddieriley
i'm assuming she's looking for someone local in Texas. how tall is tall?
Yes, local to Houston would be nice. 5' 7" is reasonably tall.

Regards, from a 40 yr old

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
E-harmony.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics