• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Really Cool Ties!

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I admit, I think all of these ties are ugly. This just gives more credence to my theory that you cannot find nice ties on ebay.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
If you like ties with a high "sheen" to them, those are nice. But you're right - for the quality of those ties - generally good but not great imho - you can do better price-wise. I'd say each of them is toward the high end of the "normal" range of what comparable ties go for on ebay. On the other hand, I tend to be of the view that if you really love one or two of them you should grab it/them. Paying $60 for a tie you really like a lot is, imho, a better deal than paying $30 for one that you think is "ok for the price".

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
I admit, I think all of these ties are ugly. This just gives more credence to my theory that you cannot find nice ties on ebay.

Thank God for differing tastes. I'd wear any of those ties and I really like the first one. Prices are higher than I would pay, though.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
There are a lot of nice ties on ebay, whether you like those or not.

Of those linked I like the Ted Baker the best. The prices are quite high, though.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed an Ike Behar tie in that lot (the first one) and was wondering about the quality of Ike Behar ties. Although I'm not interested in that particular one, there is another Ike on eBay that would go well with one of my ensembles. So how good are they, and who makes them for Ike?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A bit pricey, I like the Charvet and the first Mara tie...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that Ted Baker. You CAN find good ties on eBay. Just takes some work (and either being aware of or avoiding fakes). I got a nice red on burgundy lightweight floral Zegna as well as a cheap old Dunhill with pattern of little flowers (like those Marinella ties in style). Plus you can find Jill'n'Chuck's ties there
smile.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
I noticed an Ike Behar tie in that lot (the first one) and was wondering about the quality of Ike Behar ties. Although I'm not interested in that particular one, there is another Ike on eBay that would go well with one of my ensembles. So how good are they, and who makes them for Ike?

Roger,

Ike Behar ties are pretty much the same deal as Ted Baker. I think they are made by the same manufacturer too. Again, if you find one you like for $20, go for it, but they are not of the same quality as the Drakes, H&B or even Canali, Zegna...

Of that whole lot, the only quality tie is the Charvet.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although none of those ties are particularly appealing to me, I disagree about eBay. I have bought plenty of beautiful ties on eBay from Brioni, Zegna Napoli Couture, Borrelli... Just like anything on eBay, you have to be patient and know what to look for.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Well, I'd personally never wear those ties. Way too loud for me.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I am patient, but I just never find anything that is worthwhile for me. More power to you if you find ties you like. I do believe that you can find lots of nice shirts on ebay with some patience. Different strokes, for different folks as they say!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads